GDT: Game #72: Blue Jackets vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - The Josh Doan Era Begins Edition

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Now the big one, was very pleased with Doan he certainly didn't look overawed and was getting involved over all the ice. 2 goals on his debut was just fun to watch and his Mum and Dad were ecstatic. Loved it.

The big thing I noticed about Doan is that wherever there was a right place to be to play the puck, there he'd be. I noticed this because so damned few of our players have that gift and I've gotten used to guys chasing pucks, chasing the play, overcorrecting or stretching to make up for being out of position over the years. It was just startling - and refreshing - to see a guy with next-level hockey sense and anticipation playing the game with our crest on his sweater.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Few points: Firstly got to agree what the heck is up with Crouse? Poor for so many games now.
2 Shorty's was great to watch
Vejmelka played well
Now the big one, was very pleased with Doan he certainly didn't look overawed and was getting involved over all the ice. 2 goals on his debut was just fun to watch and his Mum and Dad were ecstatic. Loved it.
For once (on TV) it sounded like there was a big crowd in the house :DD

Crouse:
Oct 0g, 2a, 9sog 15:22
Nov 10g, 1a, 41s 17:02
Dec 6g, 4a, 28s 17:58
Jan 3g, 2a 24s 17:19
Feb 1g, 2a 30s 16:33
Mar 0g, 3a 23s 17:07

1711576125618.png

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
The goal where we let the guy walk into the slot with no pressure. Don’t recall a bad line change, might watch again and will comment further.
I just recall we tried to poke check the puck deep at their blue line while one Yote headed for the bench, but the puck went across the ice to Werenski instead of going deep and with the long change whomever was supposed to come on got caught behind..

EDI: Just caught the highlights clip and McConnell mentions Kerfoot was going off for a change.

Last edited:

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I just recall we tried to poke check the puck deep at their blue line while one Yote headed for the bench, but the puck went across the ice to Werenski instead of going deep and with the long change whomever was supposed to come on got caught behind..

EDI: Just caught the highlights clip and McConnell mentions Kerfoot was going off for a change.
Just watched my recording. That was the goal, but the lack of an available back checker is not what bothered me. It was Crouse being too passive as Werenski dropped into the zone, it was no time to drop to a knee attempting to block a pass to a mate that Dermott should have had properly covered, imo. Werenski also had a pass option to Veggie’s right, Crouse should have pressured him. I’ll note that Crouse had no visual of Dermott’s questionable coverage.

Reactions: TheLegend

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
My God Edward Casey really needs to get out more if he thinks whispering willy is a good host!!!! :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad