GDT: Game #72: Blue Jackets vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps - The Josh Doan Era Begins Edition

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
But what I like the most is how well Bjugstad plays right now. Since his child was born He has been on fire. I hope this continues into the next season.
I doubt I would get much agreement but I would give Bjug a 3 year extension and the C. Transition the C when one of the kids becomes a clear captain.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I can’t argue Bjugstad. Three years is probably too much though.

I’m happy Bjugstad found a spot between Keller and Schmaltz though. Means we can drop Hayton to the bottom of the lineup and make him work his way back up

Yep he's looking great up there. Really helps figure some things out for us. Hayton can play with Doan and Maccelli next season. Kerfoot can center any line depending on who is injured.

Bjudstadt has been a huge pick up for us. Reminds me of the impact Vermette made. Just really helps settle the lines and still can score. I imagine he will be streaky and his production will be a little dependent on Keller but that's ok.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I’m going to try to get Coyotes Central next season using a VPN. Really pisses me off having to pay Sportsnet $262 each season and get the other teams broadcast 99% of the time.
Well, you may be one of the few people who want to listen Nash and McConnell. Nash is particularly irritating and repeats himself like a broken record.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Imagine being such a lowlife that you have to go on social media last night and today and say shit like "Hope the kid likes SLC" or "how embarrassing for the kid to debut in front of 35 fans. At least next season he can play in a real market like QC or Milwaukee."

If I ever want to see a greater ratio of assholes to normal people than US politics, I will always default to online NHL fandom. I swear to f***ing god, I don't understand how so many people could get off so much on wishing misery on other fans just on principle - not even out of a sense of rivalry, for f***'s sake.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Imagine being such a lowlife that you have to go on social media last night and today and say shit like "Hope the kid likes SLC" or "how embarrassing for the kid to debut in front of 35 fans. At least next season he can play in a real market like QC or Milwaukee."

Meh... much of social media is made up of people like this...

giphy.gif

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
I just don't bother with such people and ignore them.
But that may be easier for me because I don't use any social media.

• Love
Reactions: Sinurgy

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The second (Werenski's) goal right??

I thought we got caught in a bad personnel change. Someone was coming in way behind everything.
The goal where we let the guy walk into the slot with no pressure. Don’t recall a bad line change, might watch again and will comment further.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The second (Werenski's) goal right??

I thought we got caught in a bad personnel change. Someone was coming in way behind everything.
Bjughstad dove for the puck in the Blue Jackets zone and we couldn't recover. It was basically 5 on 3. Mistake.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Only one game but everything about what Doan did screams NHLer. Guenther, Moser, Doan is a good first BA draft year already. Real progress.

Side bar stuff...

Dermott is less frustrating now that he is on the bottom pair and not with Dumba.

I am beginning to believe in Kesselring.

With all the frustrations we have experienced, I am grateful we are not Columbus.

I watched the Coyotes feed yesterday for the Doan hype. McConnell, Nash, Walsh schtick remains unchanged.

"Goal scorer's goal" is the most nauseating expression in sports.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Few points: Firstly got to agree what the heck is up with Crouse? Poor for so many games now.
2 Shorty's was great to watch
Vejmelka played well
Now the big one, was very pleased with Doan he certainly didn't look overawed and was getting involved over all the ice. 2 goals on his debut was just fun to watch and his Mum and Dad were ecstatic. Loved it.
For once (on TV) it sounded like there was a big crowd in the house :DD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad