Post-Game Talk: GAME #71: Utica 2 vs. Binghamton 3 (S/O): EP inches from Pavel's rookie record; Tanev broken leg

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Went to the NJ-Oilers game a couple nights back, they actually played a decent game. I mean it was vs the Oilers, but they have a small mobile D that actually knows how to move the puck, and a bunch of hardworking forwards that all have a vested interested in making an impression.

Would rather watch those guys play than a disinterested sea of Granlund's with slightly higher name value (only because they've been on our roster for so long).

Hope Aquilini actually takes notes directly comparing the minimum wage players on that roster that will skates circles around Loui and Beagle tonight.

Yep. Last year NJ cleared out the junk on their roster and seemingly decided to just bring up some young guys who can skate to see what happens and they got rewarded with a playoff berth. They couldn't replicate that this year (mostly because their goaltending hasn't been as good and Hall is out for the season), but I still maintain that taking that route is a good one to take when you're unclear on which direction you should head in, it's better than having a bunch of dead weight slugs eat up a good share of the ice time that's for sure. Also makes you sad when you realize we could've had Miles Wood for Gudbranson last year.

Last edited:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Looking at these two lineups for tonight's game actually hurts the eyes. If it's any consolation, games with Eastern Conference opponents are usually higher scoring affairs. Teams just seem conditioned to open it up more, without the possibility of losing ground in the standings to the team they're playing.

Call me an abounded optimist....I'm taking the Canucks 5-2 with Pettersson getting off the schneid.

Reactions: Canuckle1970

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Schneider Vs. Demko

giphy.gif
Chiapet vs Elmer

Reactions: lindgren

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Is Horvat the first line? I guess with Petey doing less these days?

What are we qualifying 1st line though? Production? Ice time? Who's out there?

I thought the Bo line was the current 2nd line due to EP and Brock being legit 1st liners? Whereas Bo is the only 1st line player on his line...

:dunno:

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
If he's going to break Pavel's record, I hope it's tonight, on home ice, against a team in dire staits, with a beloved former goalie in net

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Lmao first line Eriksson. How tf does that make sense to any hockey coach at any level
Part of the wake up I guess. They can legitimately say to him and his agent during the exit interviews that they gave him a chance after the scratch.

Not doing him any favours come training camp.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Green is pretty much a Willie D clone. New bottom 6 players straight to the top line, little things Errikson on the top line.. Great for team morale I'm sure.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
lmaoooo that Devils lineup, looks like I picked a good game to go to :laugh:

Yeah, "that Devils lineup" literally has AHL players for 11 of 19 starters due to eleventy-billion injuries.

That said, they somehow beat Edmonton, which cost me $50 because I so certain this mostly AHL team couldnt beat an NHL roster. Whoops! :biglaugh:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
A coach should slot players into lineup spots where they can be effective. I don't necessarily think Eriksson should come back in and play on the 4th line because he's being punished or something. That being said, Ericksson sucks and should not play on the 1st line.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Loui Eriksson 33yrs, 3 straight worsening seasons.
March 9th - 4th line - big loss to vegas

March 13th - scratch- 4 to 1 win, motte scores 2 without Eriksson on his line.

March 15th - 1st line - ?????
Gotta keep Motte scoring I guess

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyways 3-1 New Jersey with our goal by the Clamato Man

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
A coach should slot players into lineup spots where they can be effective. I don't necessarily think Eriksson should come back in and play on the 4th line because he's being punished or something. That being said, Ericksson sucks and should not play on the 1st line.

There is no spot where Eriksson can be effective, he's a more expensive Granlund.

M2Beezy

Sponsor
May 25, 2014
If Markstrom starts this game that'd be dumb as hell. Demko needs some reps before the season ends.
Exactly, theres no aint chance in hell were competing for a playoffs spot so why not get Demko some more experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad