GDT: Game 71: Red Wings at preds 5:00 pm et 3/23/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Another must win game with every time around them in the standings gaining points.

I think it’s going to be a “win and your in” kind of end to the season.

Hopefully not a slow start because Nashville isn’t a team you want to fall behind to with Saros in nets. (If he starts)

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Win-lose, Red Wings need Alex Lyon to have a solid game and get back on the right track.

Echo-chamber understatement on how important every point/win is now moving forward.

Flyers have 79/Capitals have 77 with a game in hand. Tight stuff.
Hopefully the Caps overtake the Flyers and push them into the wild card hunt. I'd feel more comfortable battling them to get in. That being said, the easiest answer is to just win our games

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
Hopefully the Caps overtake the Flyers and push them into the wild card hunt. I'd feel more comfortable battling them to get in. That being said, the easiest answer is to just win our games
Well, just battle the Flyers then. You don't need them in a wild card spot to do that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Somehow the Islanders beat Winnipeg today. So this game is a must must win. Is Larkin out again? Saw Czarnik in for Larkin??

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
It's good to feel nervous about a game in late March

well, I guess I was nervous last year too, but I was worried they might get too many points and screw up their draft -- turns out that had that happened and we dropped a couple of spots, we could have still probably drafted the same guys we got. Pretty sure Danielson would be there at 11; we would still have gotten Pelikka because that 17th wouldn't have been affected; and all the rest (Brady Cleveland LOL) would still be there. And shit maybe we'd still have drafted the same guys had we had slightly better position.

Maybe I just worry too much.

Drink for the afternoon: Rum, with rum and a bit of rum. Main star of the blend, Foursquare Elysium, a spritely 120 proof offering, aged first in bourbon and then in sherry casks.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
It's good to feel nervous about a game in late March

well, I guess I was nervous last year too, but I was worried they might get too many points and screw up their draft -- turns out that had that happened and we dropped a couple of spots, we could have still probably drafted the same guys we got. Pretty sure Danielson would be there at 11; we would still have gotten Pelikka because that 17th wouldn't have been affected; and all the rest (Brady Cleveland LOL) would still be there. And shit maybe we'd still have drafted the same guys had we had slightly better position.

Maybe I just worry too much.

Drink for the afternoon: Rum, with rum and a bit of rum. Main star of the blend, Foursquare Elysium, a spritely 120 proof offering, aged first in bourbon and then in sherry casks.
1711228107996.png

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Yeah that's a crosscheck. PP!! Let's goooo

They boooin Kane lol. Why do they hate him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad