GDT: Game 70: Sharks @ Coyotes - 7PM

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tikhonov standing up for Murphy! Tipp has lost control of the room!

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Tyson: "Dave Tippett rewarding Plotnikov for another great game..."

Plotnikov has lowest TOI of evening...

Edit: For either team (excepting Nieto who was injured)

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
Solidified ourselves as an, at best, 8th pick right now. Can only get worse, if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get embarrased. We'll also miss out on the remote chance of winning the lottery.

Last edited:

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Solidified ourselves as an, at best, 8th pick right now. Can only get worse, if we make the playoffs, we're gonna get embarrased. We'll also miss out on the remote chance of winning the lottery.

We were never going to win the lottery anyway. I'll be thrilled if we walk away from the draft with one of the top three defensemen.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
If you're not going to rebuild a team right, then just don't rebuild at all.

At this point I expect a 1st round exit.

Last edited by a moderator:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
If you're not going to rebuild a team right, then just don't rebuild at all.

At this point I expect a 1st round exit.

We won't make the playoffs. We'll get hot first. Then they'll sell playoff tickets. Then they'll completely fall off losing 6-1, 5-2, 7-2 in the last three games to miss the playoffs and have the "Best" record of the nonplayoff teams, drafting 14 overall. Then they'll wonder why they are behind on their ST drive for 2016-2017, even though they don't have a barn lined up.

#hockeythehardway

Last edited by a moderator:

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I just got home from the game, so I haven't read any comments. Our D has actually played fairly well without OEL, I for one am surprised. Good game tonight, Smith played well again, 1 goal in 6 periods, who would have thought? I do think San Jose took us lightly. I doubt TB will this weekend. We'll see if Mike "Money" Smtih continues.....

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I just got home from the game, so I haven't read any comments. Our D has actually played fairly well without OEL, I for one am surprised. Good game tonight, Smith played well again, 1 goal in 6 periods, who would have thought? I do think San Jose took us lightly. I doubt TB will this weekend. We'll see if Mike "Money" Smtih continues.....

Agreed, Mike Smith is the epitemy of inconsistancy. If he played like this all the time, we'd have no reason to hate him.

I could almost see them throwing Domingue under the bus to see how he fairs against high offense teams like Dallas and Tampa coming up while at the same time keeping Smith's confidence up. It's not that Domingue can't handle it, I just don't think Smith is capable.

Or, at least thats what I'd say if I actually WANTED to make the playoffs this year.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Agreed, Mike Smith is the epitemy of inconsistancy. If he played like this all the time, we'd have no reason to hate him.

I could almost see them throwing Domingue under the bus to see how he fairs against high offense teams like Dallas and Tampa coming up while at the same time keeping Smith's confidence up. It's not that Domingue can't handle it, I just don't think Smith is capable.

Or, at least thats what I'd say if I actually WANTED to make the playoffs this year.

I get the Smith hate (when he loses he sucks toads)..... BUT.... let's look at a couple of things.

Smith has played 2 games after being out for 40. And there's no way to know how many games he played with those torn core muscles, but it's an injury that doesn't just pop up overnight.

How much this injury affected his play is certainly up for debate, but in that sense if you want to fault Smith for anything it was not taking care of the problem sooner. Because all evidence points to a healthy Smith playing like everyone expects him to.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

TB got roasted by Dallas tonight so they'll certainly be coming in with some attitude.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
This has been pretty consistent lately for Smith and the whole.team. Play our best hockey when it matters least. These guys don't want another high draft pick. That's another guy potentially competing for their spot.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
This has been pretty consistent lately for Smith and the whole.team. Play our best hockey when it matters least. These guys don't want another high draft pick. That's another guy potentially competing for their spot.

They aren't thinking about the draft. Smith is a head case that folds under pressure. The rest is just coincidence. Tanguay and Vermette have sparked each other and Domi is more and more confident every day. Connauton is settling in and Stone and Murphy are progressing. Hanzal is healthy. It's just timing on those things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad