|
Ipq6qJd.png

News and such:

Irrelevant tweet that annoyed me:

Your team has 3 cups Craig, calm down.

Pizza Vision [sup]TM[/sup]

Preview:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021059

Season series: The San Jose Sharks have won the first two games against the Arizona Coyotes, with goalie Martin Jones making 45 saves on 47 shots faced (.957 save percentage). Forward Chris Tierney had a goal in each game, a 3-1 win on Jan. 21 at Gila River Arena and a 4-1 win on Feb. 13 at SAP Center.

Sharks team scope: This is the only road stop San Jose makes in a stretch of 10 games. The Sharks won two of three on their previous homestand and play six straight at SAP Center starting Saturday. Defenseman Brent Burns scored the tying goal and assisted on the game-winner by forward Joonas Donskoi in a 3-2 win Tuesday against the Boston Bruins to tie Sandis Ozolinsh's single-season Sharks record for goals by a defenseman and in points. "He has the elite skill and the elite shot to be able to put up the kind of numbers he's putting up," coach Peter DeBoer told CSNBayArea.com.

Goalie James Reimer won his second straight start since arriving in a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs, but DeBoer didn't say if Reimer or Jones would get the call. DeBoer said defenseman Justin Braun was OK after a hit to the head by Bruins forward Jimmy Hayes, which resulted in a minor penalty. Defenseman Dylan DeMelo was assigned to San Jose of the American Hockey League.

Coyotes team scope: Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who has missed the past three games with a bruised shoulder, practiced Wednesday and could return. "He's close," coach Dave Tippett told the Coyotes website. "He got through the whole practice, which is a good sign, but we'll see where he's at [Thursday] morning."

Goalie Mike Smith will make a second straight start. He comes off a 44-save shutout of the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday in his first start in more than three months.

Six of Arizona's next seven games are at home following a four-game road trip that ended with back-to-back wins against the Calgary Flames and Oilers. "We found a way to get some wins and get some points on that trip," said forward Antoine Vermette, who had three goals and five points in the victories. "We definitely want to keep moving in that direction and gain some momentum out of it. We want to establish a good culture around here and create good habits regardless of where we are in the standings." Forward Alex Tanguay has three goals and six points in five games since being acquired from the Colorado Avalanche.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
If you would have asked me whatever happened to Dainius Zubrus, my first guess would have been that he went to the KHL in around 2009.

Melker Karlsson is only the second "Melker / Melchor" name I've ever heard. The first was in Dan Carlin's "Prophets of Doom" podcast. 4.5 hours that will blow your mind. Download it for your next road trip.

Joonas Donskoi sounds like a fake name.

Roman Polak sounds like a racist slur for someone whose father is from Italy and mother is from Warsaw.

Lots of weird names on this Sharks team.

Oh and hockey and stuff. Go Coyotes.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Weird that it would keep him out this long.

I'm sure if we were in a playoff run he would be playing. I'm the eternal optimist, but no sense in rushing him back when virtually nothing is at stake...except draft position.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'd let him rest it up for the remainder of the season, personally. Keep him fresh next year. We're going to need somebody to get the puck to Matthews. :)

I'm sure if we were in a playoff run he would be playing. I'm the eternal optimist, but no sense in rushing him back when virtually nothing is at stake...except draft position.

True but I'm still surprised they'd keep him out. I'm glad they are, no reason to risk further injury.

azsharkfan

May 2, 2006
Joonas Donskoi sounds like a fake name.

Roman Polak sounds like a racist slur for someone whose father is from Italy and mother is from Warsaw.

Lots of weird names on this Sharks team.

Oh and hockey and stuff. Go Coyotes.

I'll be interested to hear read your opinions on Donskoi after the game. As a Sharks fan, I like this kid a lot!

We always tank when it matters, but this team is honestly the deepest I have seen. Wingels is healthy now but he cannot get into the lineup.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I'll be interested to hear read your opinions on Donskoi after the game. As a Sharks fan, I like this kid a lot!

We always tank when it matters, but this team is honestly the deepest I have seen. Wingels is healthy now but he cannot get into the lineup.

The sharks are one of my favorite teams after the yotes, I like your players uniforms, and any shark fans I've met at gila river arena have been really cool. Hopefully you guys don't tank when it matters this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad