GDT: Game 70: Seattle Kraken(38-24-7) @ Dallas Stars(38-19-13) - 5:30 p.m. PT / 8:30 p.m. ET

Scomerica

Aug 14, 2020
Seattle, Wa
Great way to shake off the dissapointment at the end of regulation to still get the two points.
giphy.gif

I guess with the unbeatable Joey(2-0) in net the Kraken couldn't lose this one.
Now let's get at least a split in Nashville and things are looking solid for us.

BTW: If we do end up making the playoffs I guess we'll need at least a three goal lead going into the final minutes playing 5 vs 6.
giphy.gif
What's our record like when we concede first? I feel a hell of a lot more confident we are going to win scoring first than falling behind but I don't know if the stats back that up

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
That one almost slipped away but you have to like the way this team keeps digging along and the effort level is right where you want it . I'd say their playoff chances are still pretty good.

topcatone

Jun 6, 2016
That one almost slipped away but you have to like the way this team keeps digging along and the effort level is right where you want it . I'd say their playoff chances are still pretty good.
Yeah. The two against Nashville are going to be make-or-break for both teams. If Nashville loses twice, they are essentially out, and Kraken in great position, with only inconsistent (and we have two games in hand) Calgary in our way. Nashville wins twice, they are in the race and the Kraken are going to have to fight very hard. Perhaps I could live and be thankful for a split.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yeah. The two against Nashville are going to be make-or-break for both teams. If Nashville loses twice, they are essentially out, and Kraken in great position, with only inconsistent (and we have two games in hand) Calgary in our way. Nashville wins twice, they are in the race and the Kraken are going to have to fight very hard. Perhaps I could live and be thankful for a split.

There's also Winnipeg, who are doing their damnedest to make things interesting. The way they are playing could end up saving the Kraken for all we know. I'd rather not think about that, though.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
There's also Winnipeg, who are doing their damnedest to make things interesting. The way they are playing could end up saving the Kraken for all we know. I'd rather not think about that, though.
Holy crap. I did not realize how far the Jets have fallen. Damn.

I do agree though, let's worry less about what other teams do and more about what we need to do.

GrungeHockey

Sep 14, 2021
They are definitely games that can make or break this but I wouldn't worry too much about Nashville. They traded some guys away and have some more injured. They beat the sad sack Sabres but this is the line up they are currently going with:

PHILIP TOMASINO CODY GLASS MATT DUCHENE

KIEFER SHERWOOD THOMAS NOVAK LUKE EVANGELISTA

YAKOV TRENIN COLTON SISSONS COLE SMITH

EGOR AFANASYEV MARK JANKOWSKI RASMUS ASPLUND

RYAN MCDONAGH DANTE FABBRO

TYSON BARRIE JORDAN GROSS

JEREMY LAUZON CAL FOOT

If we can't beat that line up we don';t deserve to make the playoffs.

Reactions: Toomany7pins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad