GDT: Game 70: Red Wings vs isle 7:00 pm et 3/21/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
OK. The 24-48hr bug I had is gone. I feel "right". I'm gonna re-watch the 2/27 Caps game to see what they were doing then vs. what they are doing lately. And because, fun.

OK, question:

The last couple of days I've been reading about some kind of bug ravaging through the Wings' locker room. Is that wishcasting on the part of fans or is that maybe part of the problem lately for realsies?
couple of those games you can turn off pretty quickly....believe me, you know what the score is, it really never got any better lol

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
couple of those games you can turn off pretty quickly....believe me, you know what the score is, it really never got any better lol
Well that's why I picked that game - the Wings had the turkey baster of bull semen that night and the Caps were wondering why they were tied up facing the other way the whole night.

• Haha
Reactions: Detroit Knights

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
It's incredible to me that they have Daniella at their disposal and still use Keating and Natalie over him. A few years ago I think Keating got COVID and they even used that frat boy that covers either the Pistons or Tigers over her. That guy didn't know f*** all about hockey.

It's actually more incredible to me that Daniella has stuck it out for damn near a decade with them never moving her up. If you're good looking and actually know your shit as a female broadcaster you can pretty much write your own ticket.

I am pretty sure that Daniella is technically an employee of the Red Wings organization, whereas Keating, Kane, and Natalie are all employees of Bally Sports Detroit.

I do wonder if the Wings are developing Daniella to take over for Ken Kal, or even Ken Daniels. She works on the radio broadcast a fair amount.

I could see her doing PxP in a few years when one of the Ken’s decide they want to be a fan without the grind.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I am pretty sure that Daniella is technically an employee of the Red Wings organization, whereas Keating, Kane, and Natalie are all employees of Bally Sports Detroit.

I do wonder if the Wings are developing Daniella to take over for Ken Kal, or even Ken Daniels. She works on the radio broadcast a fair amount.

I could see her doing PxP in a few years when one of the Ken’s decide they want to be a fan without the grind.
I think if they intended for her to replace Ken Daniels they'd be working her into that role already to get experience. The only game she really calls is the Red vs. White game, that I know of. I really don't get what their direction is with her.

I honestly think she's better suited to either take Keats' role, or, when Keats was off the other night, Trevor was at the desk and Natalie was doing Trevor's gig. Have Trevor run the desk and put Daniella in Trevor's position. She comes off as way more knowledgeable and professional than Natalie.

To me, it's a "Use her or lose her" kinda thing. She checks all the boxes for what you look for in a female broadcaster. Philly had the same with Taryn Hatcher and ESPN/TNT weren't smart enough to jump on her. (To be fair they probably couldn't because she worked for Comcast) Now she covers the Eagles and it wouldn't surprise me if she's doing National NFL broadcasts in the next couple years.

Reactions: SoupNazi

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
This is frustrating in many ways to watch (the 2/27 game). I'm watching crisp passes, and for the ones that miss, crisp foot-skate-to-stick work that keeps momentum. Lots of movement..

Arrgghhh! :)

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I think if they intended for her to replace Ken Daniels they'd be working her into that role already to get experience. The only game she really calls is the Red vs. White game, that I know of. I really don't get what their direction is with her.

I honestly think she's better suited to either take Keats' role, or, when Keats was off the other night, Trevor was at the desk and Natalie was doing Trevor's gig. Have Trevor run the desk and put Daniella in Trevor's position. She comes off as way more knowledgeable and professional than Natalie.

To me, it's a "Use her or lose her" kinda thing. She checks all the boxes for what you look for in a female broadcaster. Philly had the same with Taryn Hatcher and ESPN/TNT weren't smart enough to jump on her. (To be fair they probably couldn't because she worked for Comcast) Now she covers the Eagles and it wouldn't surprise me if she's doing National NFL broadcasts in the next couple years.

I could see the Trevor role. It’s a weird gig, because you get the sense that she loves doing what she does partly because of the love she has for the Wings. Does that keep her around when she has opportunities elsewhere? Who knows.

She is one of the true treats that we get as Red Wings fans, and as Wings fans we get far more to enjoy than other fan bases.

Reactions: dalem177

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
So I wonder what the lines are with Larkin back

Might be a good game to move Debrincat down to 3rd line, maybe bump Sprong up, give him more minutes, give us more size on the second line

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
hopefully he plays like larkin and not a shell of him.

Lalonde and team don't seem to be the types that bring players in quicker than they should and tend to be over cautious, so hopefully that continues.
Definitely hope he's 100% or close to it, but even his presence on the bench should be a boost after what we've had to watch the past 10 games.

Reactions: Detroit Knights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad