GDT: Game 70: Red Wings vs isle 7:00 pm et 3/21/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (59).png

Screenshot (60).png

Huge Game! Reimer is in net, Larkin? Let's Go Boys!
#RedWings Lalonde: Larkin possible for tomorrow. Will see how he feels in morning. Compher and Perron maintenance days. Rasmussen under the weather. Reimer starting tomorrow vs. NYI.
Lines are rotating due to only 11 forwards with Rasmussen and Compher not skating, but D pairs the same:
Chiarot-Seider
Edvinsson-Petry
Maatta-Gostisbehere
Holl
Reimer had one net to himself at the start while Lyon and Husso were sharing the other.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
You have to think that Petry is the odd man out when Walman gets back in, right?

Also, having Reimer start two games in a row is ... a choice. I guess he has a .914 and .962 SV% in his last two games, but he doesn't instill me with confidence.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
You have to think that Petry is the odd man out when Walman gets back in, right?

Also, having Reimer start two games in a row is ... a choice. I guess he has a .914 and .962 SV% in his last two games, but he doesn't instill me with confidence.

I actually think Ghost might be the odd man out if they decide to keep Ed up.

Chiarot-Mo
Ed-Petry
Matta-Walman

Gives you and offensive guy with a defensive guy but none of the offensive guys are a wreck defensively. Ghost has been good for at least one massive defensive gaff per game since December. Ed could probably pull PP duty and do just fine in the role.

As for starting Reimer, I think it makes sense. He is playing stronger than Lyon right now. I agree he doesn't install a lot of confidence but right now the Wings need any little bit they can get. I am glad to see that Lalonde is pivoting to Reimer a lot faster than her originally pivoted to Lyon.

For all we know Lyon might just need a bit of break since he has never played this many games and if he gets a week or so off may bounce back to the Lyon we saw earlier in the year.

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
I actually think Ghost might be the odd man out if they decide to keep Ed up.

Chiarot-Mo
Ed-Petry
Matta-Walman

Gives you and offensive guy with a defensive guy but none of the offensive guys are a wreck defensively. Ghost has been good for at least one massive defensive gaff per game since December. Ed could probably pull PP duty and do just fine in the role.

As for starting Reimer, I think it makes sense. He is playing stronger than Lyon right now. I agree he doesn't install a lot of confidence but right now the Wings need any little bit they can get. I am glad to see that Lalonde is pivoting to Reimer a lot faster than her originally pivoted to Lyon.

For all we know Lyon might just need a bit of break since he has never played this many games and if he gets a week or so off may bounce back to the Lyon we saw earlier in the year.

Guessing no matter who sits, they'd sooner throw Chiarot on the right than Walman.

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maatta - Petry/Ghost

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Apart from that, it is probably not allowed to post such screens (without a link) anyway, keyword copyright.

When I posted the stats with pictures you know from me here years ago, I got a mod hint that I should link the source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad