GDT: Game 70: Red Wings vs isle 7:00 pm et 3/21/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I swear people can watch thousands of hours of hockey, and even play hockey at a high level, but still have no idea what the goalie is doing back there. A mystery hiding in plain sight.
Goalies do stuff? :sarcasm:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Think they are gonna scratch Edvinsson, if Walman is in.

The regular Top6.
I hope not. I don't want the rookie to get any more of a guarantee than anybody else, but I thought he played well enough against Columbus that he's a better option than the bottom vets collectively. So I'd prefer to sit either Maatta or Petry if Walman is good to go.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Think they are gonna scratch Edvinsson, if Walman is in.

The regular Top6.

Likely depends on what Yzerman is ultimately deciding to do with him. If Walman comes back, Edvinsson probably won't be qualified to stay on the emergency loan that he currently is. If they make it a full call up and he is staying in Detroit, you probably see Ed stay in the lineup.

For the sake of Edvinsson and fans and probably the playoff aspirations, I hope they make it a formal call up with intentions of him staying. I would even waive Holl to accomplish that.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Likely depends on what Yzerman is ultimately deciding to do with him. If Walman comes back, Edvinsson probably won't be qualified to stay on the emergency loan that he currently is. If they make it a full call up and he is staying in Detroit, you probably see Ed stay in the lineup.

For the sake of Edvinsson and fans and probably the playoff aspirations, I hope they make it a formal call up with intentions of him staying. I would even waive Holl to accomplish that.
I don’t even think you need to waive anyone. I think you can go over the 23 man roster limit you just need to be cap compliant

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Real talk... how many goalies know what the hell they're doing back there?
I was a goalie once, and I can confirm that no more than all but one know what they are doing back there.

james-franco-wait-what.gif

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Many of us remember that the great actor Roy Scheider played police chief Martin Brody in the movie Jaws, and his character was wondering if he'd ever be accepted by the inhabitants of Amityville as a true "islander". The great Patrick Roy - spelled like "Roy" of course - may have wondered at first whether he would ever be accepted as a New York Islander himself when he came in to coach mid-season, but they've done well enough over the last string of games to still be in the hunt. And even though they're hunting a playoff berth instead of a shark or the Sharks, they still have a chance tonight in Detroit to pull closer to the winged wheel of the Red Wings."

- Plausible Keats

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
"Many of us remember that the great actor Roy Scheider played police chief Martin Brody in the movie Jaws, and his character was wondering if he'd ever be accepted by the inhabitants of Amityville as a true "islander". The great Patrick Roy - spelled like "Roy" of course - may have wondered at first whether he would ever be accepted as a New York Islander himself when he came in to coach mid-season, but they've done well enough over the last string of games to still be in the hunt. And even though they're hunting a playoff berth instead of a shark or the Sharks, they still have a chance tonight in Detroit to pull closer to the winged wheel of the Red Wings."

- Plausible Keats

It's incredible to me that they have Daniella at their disposal and still use Keating and Natalie over him. A few years ago I think Keating got COVID and they even used that frat boy that covers either the Pistons or Tigers over her. That guy didn't know f*** all about hockey.

It's actually more incredible to me that Daniella has stuck it out for damn near a decade with them never moving her up. If you're good looking and actually know your shit as a female broadcaster you can pretty much write your own ticket.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
OK. The 24-48hr bug I had is gone. I feel "right". I'm gonna re-watch the 2/27 Caps game to see what they were doing then vs. what they are doing lately. And because, fun.

OK, question:

The last couple of days I've been reading about some kind of bug ravaging through the Wings' locker room. Is that wishcasting on the part of fans or is that maybe part of the problem lately for realsies?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad