GDT: Game 70: Red Wings vs isle 7:00 pm et 3/21/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

HGpvyVJ.png

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Because that's not my job and I'm not paid millions of dollars to do it.

"You do it" is the dumbest argument ever.

It's actually a polite way of saying you have no clue what you're talking about. Breakaways are hard to stop because the shooter has many options and can pick their placement. Reimer obviously has issues low glove, every goalie has his weakness. Nobody besides you faults the goalie for breakaways.

I think it was the Buffalo win they were great as well. They turned the momentum in that game too.

1 out of 6 games....

I think I watched about 30 minutes of Wings games during DBoss' absence because I knew they'd suck.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
It's almost like he's our second best defenseman. Who knew (besides everyone)?

Unpopular opinion but it's also possible the icetime he played in Grand Rapids is part of the reason he showed as much poise as he did. This certainly wasn't the same kid from last season or even the one we saw in preseason.

I would've like him to be in the lineup sooner but am glad they didn't bring him up to start the season coming off shoulder surgery.

Also, Chiarot was our second best Dman tonight. I think Ed is maybe around Walman-level right now but that's still fantastic for a 21 yr old playing his 12th NHL game.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I love that Larkin is back but it’s scary how reliant we are on him.

he’s a great player, but he’s not THAT good that our team completely collapses without him

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
1 out of 6 games....

I think I watched about 30 minutes of Wings games during DBoss' absence because I knew they'd suck.

To be clear that wast the game where they made their presence felt as much as tonight.

I'm just glad to have a line with the identity they do and Lalonde better keep them together

DanielMarois

May 25, 2013
Don't wanna look too far ahead, but if they play Bos in the 1st rd, anyone else think the Wings can take them? Big advantage in goal for B's, but outside of Pasta and Marchand they are weak at fwd.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
It's actually a polite way of saying you have no clue what you're talking about. Breakaways are hard to stop because the shooter has many options and can pick their placement. Reimer obviously has issues low glove, every goalie has his weakness. Nobody besides you faults the goalie for breakaways.
I guessed you missed the first goal Reimer let in as well. He is ATROCIOUS.

And yes, people blame goalies on breakaways all the time. WIth Reimer it seems to be automatic.

FabricDetails

HF still in need of automated text analytics
Mar 30, 2009
Don't wanna look too far ahead, but if they play Bos in the 1st rd, anyone else think the Wings can take them? Big advantage in goal for B's, but outside of Pasta and Marchand they are weak at fwd.
Wayyy too early. Let's just enjoy tonight's performance and for once, some breaks.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Wife dragged me out to get drunk and go to a comedy show, and we won. Think this may be the first game I missed in the past 10-15. She will need to continue this until game 82.

So nice to see Larkin get 2 in his return.

How was Ed?

Reactions: 14ari13 and Realgud

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Eating tacos and watching Road House '24. Had intended on watching the game once the flick concluded but the score was spoiled. Will watch the highlights but the Wings look back on track with Larkin in the line-up. Fun times. Looking like a playoff team again.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
32-18-6 with Larkin in the lineup

4-10-0 without him.

With the way Larkin's played all year, as long as he's healthy we can hang with anyone in a 7 game series. He certainly didn't look like a guy who's missed the last 7 or w/e games tonight.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I guessed you missed the first goal Reimer let in as well. He is ATROCIOUS.

And yes, people blame goalies on breakaways all the time. WIth Reimer it seems to be automatic.
That first one was definitely atrocious.

Sure people blame goalies on breakaway goals, because there are a lot of clueless fans. You realize Husso is the worst out of the 3 when it comes to defending breakaways, right? Have you at least noticed that?

Whether you like it or not, he's the best goalie on the team so deal with it. Husso sucks ass, and Lyon fell apart. The best you can hope for is that Reimer doesn't duck the puck when it comes at his face. Unfortunately, he's our only hope for making the playoffs.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
It's silly it took this long to play him. Might be in a comfortable playoff spot now.
Him and Lyon. For Lyon it took 17 games of atrocious goaltending from Husso and Reimer before he got a chance. Never understood that one. And yeah, as for Ed, it speaks for itself. The defense has been so bad all season and he still only gets his chance to become a regular at the very end of the season...

Make it make sense.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
32-18-6 with Larkin in the lineup

4-10-0 without him.

With the way Larkin's played all year, as long as he's healthy we can hang with anyone in a 7 game series. He certainly didn't look like a guy who's missed the last 7 or w/e games tonight.
That’s a 103-point pace with Larkin. Detroit would be sitting in 5th place in the East right now with that pace.

MVP if I ever saw one.

Reactions: DamonDRW

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
That first one was definitely atrocious.

Sure people blame goalies on breakaway goals, because there are a lot of clueless fans. You realize Husso is the worst out of the 3 when it comes to defending breakaways, right? Have you at least noticed that?

Whether you like it or not, he's the best goalie on the team so deal with it. Husso sucks ass, and Lyon fell apart. The best you can hope for is that Reimer doesn't duck the puck when it comes at his face. Unfortunately, he's our only hope for making the playoffs.
Reimer is our best goalie at the moment, yes. He’s not our only hope for making the playoffs though. 1) I’d bet Lyon rebounds and is the better goalie down the stretch, and 2) even if that’s not the case and they do ride Reimer to the playoffs, it’ll be in spite of him… he’s still awful 90% of the time lol.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Only watched highlights. Looks like team was clicking offensively, but still getting outshot as usual. Can't comment on the defensive side overall from highlights but looked like Reimer bounced back after what was a odorous 1st goal. Larkin being back and a few guys who needed some good games, had them. I like.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Only watched highlights. Looks like team was clicking offensively, but still getting outshot as usual. Can't comment on the defensive side overall from highlights but looked like Reimer bounced back after what was an odorous 1st goal. Larkin being back and a few guys who needed some good games, had them. I like.
Shots a bit skewed due to 4 PP’s to essentially 1 for NY. Also wings sat back quite a bit after it went 5-1, then obviously NY got quite a few shots on the 6 on 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad