GDT: Game 70 - Pens @ Avs - Central on the Line - 6PM

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I missed the first. Still, funny that this list of plugs is a "story" for the Pens.
Simply put at this point I have no sympathy for any team and their injury situation.

Yeah they are missing some guys on defense, so what, you can make do for a week or 2.

What the Avs have endured for a full f***ing season is absolutely insane. The fact they we are in a playoff spot is mind blowing. Shows you how hard Bednar has worked and the desire to win from the guys in the lineup.

The closest we've been all year to healthy is two key pieces out at one time. And once again we're really banged up. 3 top 6 dmen, including the best on the planet, 1 top line forward and 1 top 6 forward and 1 top 6-9 forward. That's 6 solid players out of the lineup again. It's insane.

Reactions: katfude and Metallo

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
They were due for a stinker. Figured it would happen in the Hawks game but they were a game late. Last night was pretty bad hockey from this team short of George. Way too many guys fumbling pucks, making poor choices with the pucks and lazy lazy penalties. LOC was god awful and before he scored I thought JTC was pretty brutal aswell. Keep playing Macdermid on defense though Jared because one of these days hes only going to be the second worse player in the NHL.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah, there's a reason Bednar eventually took him off the top unit and the Avs immediately scored.

Byram was either too slow moving the puck or trying to force things tonight on the PP. Neither of those can happen.

He didn't get taken off the top unit there though. He played a full shift and then Toews came on and scored. They just keep the forwards on for almost the full two minutes now. They've been doing the same thing with Cale. He leaves half way through and the forwards stay on.

I thought Bo was fine on the PP. The Pens just played great on the PK. None of the other players were having much success on the PP either, because the Pens kept breaking up plays, blocking shots, and winning battles. Nate turned over a bunch of pucks himself. They were trying to find ways to confuse the PK, that's why Bo was trying different things. It's probably what they talked about with the coaches. He wasn't just freelancing out there.

There's a reason Bednar went from giving Bo almost no PP time to promoting him to the 1st unit. He's a very good PPQB. In fact he usually moves him up there when Cale is out. But when Cale's in, he gets 1st unit time obviously, and Bednar defers to Toews and G as vets on the second unit because vets want PP time, and young players haven't really earned their right to it yet. He's even been going with 3D recently on the 2nd unit just so he can play Bo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad