GDT: Game #70 Florida Panthers @ San Jose SHARKS 7:30pm PDT 18 March 2014 CSNCa KFox

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I think the key to the Sharks winning the cup is to get the least penalized team as a match up.... Wait... That's the Sharks. ****.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
I hate our 4th line. Burish is so terribad.

Agreed, i feel sorry for Desi as, he is the only decent one back there. I still cant believe the coaching cant recignize how bad it is. Just sit Burish and Kennedy and bring a couple guys up from the minors,,, can't/won't be any worse.

The only PP goal coming by the second unit. A PP with Thornton Marleau couture Pavelski can't do jack ****.

I've said it before, I think they just stay with the regular lines for the P. P. Jumbos line followed by Pattys

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Now you have another interesting decision to make for McLellan. Niemi looked bad and looked tired with the kind of goals he was giving up. Put Stalock in and give him some big game experience or hope that Nemo's game was just a hiccup.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The only PP goal coming by the second unit. A PP with Thornton Marleau couture Pavelski can't do jack ****.

Yes it can. If you add Boyle to those 4, then yes, it can't do jack ****. But, if you add Demers to those 4, you can get something done.

I really think they should switch the lines up. I know it's risky and Todd doesn't want to do it, but it's the best for this team.

I don't give a **** if Pavelski doesn't get to score goals as the first line left winger. If he refuses to play 3C where he is clearly the best then **** him, we should get rid of him. Seriously, I'm sick of this cycle with Pavs. He goes on tear as first line winger, gets praise...spends 20 games on cold streak, lines clearly need a change, 20 more games then he goes back to 3C and bam...he plays well, team firing on all cylinders? The one guy gets injured and Pavelski goes back to first line winger...goes on a tear and plays well again

Fact of the matter is that we need to win our 3rd line matchups in the playoffs. The only way to do that is to have Pavs back at 3C...

Remember last year when we had Marleau-Couture-Pavelski as our 2nd line in the playoffs...we lost to LA

Remember when we had Pavelski as 3c...we swept Vanc

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
This team is really good, but we gotta stop playing down.

I would like to see Kennedy up to the third line next game. Or nieto with Sheppard and wingels. Havlat or Kennedy moved up

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Agreed, i feel sorry for Desi as, he is the only decent one back there. I still cant believe the coaching cant recignize how bad it is. Just sit Burish and Kennedy and bring a couple guys up from the minors,,, can't/won't be any worse.

I've said it before, I think they just stay with the regular lines for the P. P. Jumbos line followed by Pattys

Uhhh Kennedy is the only reason that line had any chances. No one from Worcester is any better. Remember last year? Yeah thought so.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
so when Torres gets back in the lineup, will Todd scratch Kennedy or Burish?

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
Now you have another interesting decision to make for McLellan. Niemi looked bad and looked tired with the kind of goals he was giving up. Put Stalock in and give him some big game experience or hope that Nemo's game was just a hiccup.

Stalock. we can't praise mediocrity or hope he bounces back. Also Torres must play and havlat shouldn't be riding the pine either

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
so when Torres gets back in the lineup, will Todd scratch Kennedy or Burish?

Kennedy is a million times better than Burish. **** i'd take Mike Brown over Burish at this point and Brown sucks. But at least he has the speed to play the type of game this team needs :(

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sign me up. Flip Wingels and Torres is Wingels starts off like he played tonight. He was pretty meh.

I can understand that thought process but Torres has been playing 4th line minutes and has missed the last few games with soreness. I don't think they'd have much of a choice with how much they can utilize Torres. You'd have to flip Kennedy and Wingels but I'm willing to give Wingels some slack considering his consistency thus far with his play quality.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I thought Kennedy had a solid game so he's earned another game. If Torres is ready, Torres-Desi-Kennedy isn't a bad 4th line option.

He's been solid since he's been back in the line up. I'd roll that 4th line until Torres gets back to speed.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Sign me up. Flip Wingels and Torres is Wingels starts off like he played tonight. He was pretty meh.

First time all season I've seem wingels string together two bad games.

Also if we ice a Torres-desi-Kennedy 4th line we are dealing some damage.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
The guys that sucked tonight:

Boyle, Burish, Pavelski, Thornton, Hannan, Demers (on the 1st goal only), Sheppard (lazy pass on the 1st goal), Havlat (other than the goal, a no show), Wingels

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
The guys that sucked tonight:

Boyle, Burish, Pavelski, Thornton, Hannan, Demers (on the 1st goal only), Sheppard (lazy pass on the 1st goal), Havlat (other than the goal, a no show), Wingels

I disagree on Havlat. His play with the puck was how he is supposed to play. He's never going to be a physical presence and he's always going to be a guy that fishes pucks out of scrums instead of diving into one. Havlat almost got the team two or three other goals in this game...not weak shots from the perimeter but real chances on net.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
First time all season I've seem wingels string together two bad games.

Also if we ice a Torres-desi-Kennedy 4th line we are dealing some damage.

Wingels is falling into the "trying to be a skill player" Tommy that shows up periodically. He needs to get back to his game. Sheppard too. They are trying to play finesse hockey and that's not how they get results.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Uhhh Kennedy is the only reason that line had any chances. No one from Worcester is any better. Remember last year? Yeah thought so.

Kennedy is not really the one I think we should sit, true. He has had some decent moments and some less than decent moments this season, hoping he really plays as expected come the playoffs. Burish is a definite bust. Last season; yes, I do remember Kearns playing pretty decent for us in a fourth line role, much more so than what we see from Burish. Seen as well this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad