GDT: Game 70: Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/17 7PM EDT

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
It was honestly a joke , but team played free when Korpi was in net . Hard to win when we're scoring couple a game , but Korpi was 13-3-3 in last 19 games , bob is now 0-3.

Heck even harder when we are scoring 0.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
It was honestly a joke , but team played free when Korpi was in net . Hard to win when we're scoring couple a game , but Korpi was 13-3-3 in last 19 games , bob is now 0-3.

Never can be sure with you guys sometimes...

The CBJ have scored a whopping 1.0 GPG in the last 3 starts, Their problem is at the other end of the ice. Tonight's roster looked like the LEM all stars to top it off. They look like they are in full development mode right now.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Never can be sure with you guys sometimes...

The CBJ have scored a whopping 1.0 GPG in the last 3 starts, Their problem is at the other end of the ice. Tonight's roster looked like the LEM all stars to top it off. They look like they are in full development mode right now.

Should have started 10-15 games ago.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Was thinking the same thing. The kid played ... they won. Maybe the played better in front of him since he's young inexperienced were as with Bob being back. They think he can save the world if they mess up.

Haven't won since Bob came back. Korpi was a little sharper when there were breakdowns. Bob lets in too many weak ones e.g. the 3rd goal.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Personally I'm glad to see bjorkstrand get his shot to show torts what he can do , torts needs to figure who's going to be on this team next year , and who he encourages jarmo to send packing . I imagine we will see some changes this summer . I don't understand the negativity on torts though , dude is worlds better than Richards was . Love the way he is challenging the young players to step up . Wennberg has all the tools , but he needs to fire the puck more , and torts isn't afraid to call him out in media . And I have to say that wennberg is showing offensive skills that I didn't know he had . Atkinson has flourished under torts .

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Well, Bjorkstrand looked good in the first period. Had a nice shot on goal and forechecked well. Then the 2nd period came and the line juggling came and he didn't look as comfortable. 3rd period he was ok and drew a penalty that led to the only goal.

He didn't look overwhelmed....but he is quite small. He was strong on the boards and forecheck, so he's not shy....but he is small.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Personally I'm glad to see bjorkstrand get his shot to show torts what he can do , torts needs to figure who's going to be on this team next year , and who he encourages jarmo to send packing . I imagine we will see some changes this summer . I don't understand the negativity on torts though , dude is worlds better than Richards was . Love the way he is challenging the young players to step up . Wennberg has all the tools , but he needs to fire the puck more , and torts isn't afraid to call him out in media . And I have to say that wennberg is showing offensive skills that I didn't know he had . Atkinson has flourished under torts .

I agree and hope you are right about there being some changes. Other than juggling the lines a bunch, I don't see how anyone could complain.

:popcorn:

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Well, Bjorkstrand looked good in the first period. Had a nice shot on goal and forechecked well. Then the 2nd period came and the line juggling came and he didn't look as comfortable. 3rd period he was ok and drew a penalty that led to the only goal.

He didn't look overwhelmed....but he is quite small. He was strong on the boards and forecheck, so he's not shy....but he is small.
Honestly he didn't strike me as being that small though. I think concerns about his size are a little overblown.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Honestly he didn't strike me as being that small though. I think concerns about his size are a little overblown.

Agreed. And as far as his impact on this game, it can be summed up during this moment during the second period behind the CBJ bench:

Fan (not me): "Put Bjorkstrand in! Hey coach, let's Bjorkstrand play!!!"
(Bjorkstrand skates off the ice)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Can't complain about losing after what Torts did to the lineup, it's clearly not the goal of the evening. Bjorkstrand looked fine out there.

You could tell the Wings wanted it. And other than Foligno I didn't get that impression from the Jackets.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Can't complain about losing after what Torts did to the lineup, it's clearly not the goal of the evening. Bjorkstrand looked fine out there.

You could tell the Wings wanted it. And other than Foligno I didn't get that impression from the Jackets.

Foligno and Cam*...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
This pretty much sums it up.

“Listen, I know we’re not going to make the playoffs,†Dubinsky said. “But we have a lot of pride in here. I have a lot of pride myself. We just have to play harder. We didn’t play hard enough.
“It shouldn’t be hard. We make millions of dollars to play hockey. It’s an amazing job, an amazing life, an amazing blessing. It’s your job. I don’t care where you are (in the standings) or what time of year it is, your job is to play your role the best you can and nothing else.â€

-- It was not an attractive game. The Red Wings will take the two points and leave quickly, as they should. But no new hockey fans were generated tonight in Nationwide, that's for sure. "Quite honestly the game stunk," Tortorella said. "By both teams, as far as I was concerned. I thought it was a lousy game."

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2016/03/g70-stink-stank-stunk.html

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad