Post-Game Talk: GAME 70 -BRUINS 6 Ottawa 2

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So we have a new coat thing, that's cool. Pasta was on fire tonight.

As an afterthought Brazzeau is getting better and better imo and maybe he will take JVR's place. I also like Lauko on the line with Freddy and Geekie. Makes it a fairly heavy and aggressive third unit. We have options.

nonoffensiveusername

May 23, 2009
So we have a new coat thing, that's cool. Pasta was on fire tonight.

As an afterthought Brazzeau is getting better and better imo and maybe he will take JVR's place. I also like Lauko on the line with Freddy and Geekie. Makes it a fairly heavy and aggressive third unit. We have options.

Braz has looked great. Gigantic dude with puck possession and reach. Becoming a big fan.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Brazeau seems to be such a humble guy, I'm very happy for him and that should have been 3 goals in a few games but they took a legit one away from him.

I'm glad the people who brought the bear suit got a stick from Pasta! When they showed them wearing it earlier, it was funny, but to see them throw it on the ice was priceless. The perfect player to get the suit, who happens to get a hat trick, there is something meant to be in this whole scenario.

Tkachuk getting a 10 min misconduct, so the box score stats can make it look like the Sens were more penalized then the Bruins. That repair by Bob the Builder really helped the Bruins regroup. Let's hire that guy to use the time outs!

Last edited:

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Ullmark was outstanding last night. Ottawa really should have had another goal or two in the first period. Defense was insanely flat footed first two period and Ullmark saved the game. That penalty kill with 7+ saves was insane. Won that game on the backs of Ullmark, pastrnak and the 4th line

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Beecher 11-15 on the dot.......man the kid is good!

Going to be interesting to see when Maroon is healthy who stays in and who comes out?

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta looks like they're gonna be solidified as the top line right now.
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk is line line 1B

Id do
JVR-Geekie-Freddy, that's a real heavy 3rd line
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
That leaves Lauko and Boqvist as the 13-14th forwards.
I can maybe see Boqvist in for Beecher but Beecher aint making that an easy decision. Maybe JVR sits now that we've seen Brazeau on the PP? Two beauties last night

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The Selke should be called the Patrice Bergeron

The GM of Year the Don Sweeney Award

Back to back Prez Trophy

Best all time record followed by taking an AHL team and bargain basement and finishing first overall

Wonder what’s the NHL record for best record over a 2 year span?

This team must be in the mix.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
This team sucks. They're soft and slow, don't hit or fight. They can't clear the crease or the puck out of their own end. The roster is made up mostly of has beens and whose dats. The cue ball coach can't leave the lines alone for more than three shifts and wouldn't call a time out on a toddler having a tirade.
.The owners a flub, the Gm's a dub, I'm surprised he didn't trade Pasta to Ottawa for Zub. If you see our poor goalies give 'em a hug. I might check the box scores to see if they won, but until things change I'm out, I'm done. First overall's for losers, misery's much more fun.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Beecher 11-15 on the dot.......man the kid is good!

Going to be interesting to see when Maroon is healthy who stays in and who comes out?

Heinen-Zacha-Pasta looks like they're gonna be solidified as the top line right now.
Marchy-Coyle-Debrusk is line line 1B

Id do
JVR-Geekie-Freddy, that's a real heavy 3rd line
Maroon-Beecher-Brazeau
That leaves Lauko and Boqvist as the 13-14th forwards.
I can maybe see Boqvist in for Beecher but Beecher aint making that an easy decision. Maybe JVR sits now that we've seen Brazeau on the PP? Two beauties last night
I'm with you for the most part. I absolutely have Boquist over Brazeau. I don't know if Maroon is in every night or if you rotate through Maroon/Brazeau and Lauko, but Beecher and Boquist are in my lineup every playoff game if they are healthy. I see them as being a higher priority then even JVR whom I might replace once in a while depending on what the lineup needs, grit (Maroon), Speed (Lauko), Mix things up (Brazeau).

About the game. I like the way the top 6 is skating. I like the way DeBrusk and Coyle are playing. I feel maybe Marchand is trying to do a bit too much. Either way I agree with those who point out the recent consistency in the lines has been helpful for the players and should continue into the playoffs. Monty can still mix and match at times but this idea where he puts it all in a blender should be an issue of the past.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
This team sucks. They're soft and slow, don't hit or fight. They can't clear the crease or the puck out of their own end. The roster is made up mostly of has beens and whose dats. The cue ball coach can't leave the lines alone for more than three shifts and wouldn't call a time out on a toddler having a tirade.
.The owners a flub, the Gm's a dub, I'm surprised he didn't trade Pasta to Ottawa for Zub. If you see our poor goalies give 'em a hug. I might check the box scores to see if they won, but until things change I'm out, I'm done. First overall's for losers, misery's much more fun.
Guinea Pig is a poet. He doesn't usually show it. So Guinea Pig run on your wheel. Ottawa's no big deal. When they play the Leafs they'll make Marner squeal. Throw Mathews a fish he looks like a seal. Not sure how this rhyming makes others feel?

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I'm with you for the most part. I absolutely have Boquist over Brazeau. I don't know if Maroon is in every night or if you rotate through Maroon/Brazeau and Lauko, but Beecher and Boquist are in my lineup every playoff game if they are healthy. I see them as being a higher priority then even JVR whom I might replace once in a while depending on what the lineup needs, grit (Maroon), Speed (Lauko), Mix things up (Brazeau).

About the game. I like the way the top 6 is skating. I like the way DeBrusk and Coyle are playing. I feel maybe Marchand is trying to do a bit too much. Either way I agree with those who point out the recent consistency in the lines has been helpful for the players and should continue into the playoffs. Monty can still mix and match at times but this idea where he puts it all in a blender should be an issue of the past.
IMO they aren't competing for the same spot. A speedy open ice C/LW vs a big body RW there for board battles and net front presence.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
It’s amazing how many mistakes great goaltending can make people forget sloppy play. But that’s hockey. The team got outplayed for several stretches…. But magic in Pasta and Ullmark wins the game.
It also amazing posters reminding everyone what our record is with the line up. As much as its great its also a reminder to anyone with a clue what generational goaltending can do. Never mind having two of them.

For an example put our goaltending in the Ottawa net and that team becomes an instant wagon.

Its also amazing how these GM's have jobs paying these stiff goaltenders the money they do.

80% of net minders in todays game are gross

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad