GDT: Game 7 - Your New Jerseyyyyyy Devilssss @ Pittsburgh Penguins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I still think there will be a trade unless one of the d men go on LTIR. Then it opens up a roster spot, and maybe we can try Butler this time. If we don't acquire another top 9 forward of some kind I don't see us staying too competitive.

During the Maclean season we had a lot of bad contracts that were untradeable like Rolston, and Langs lost all of his value. Not to mention we just needed a coach who wasn't worthless, and I think Lou knew that. Despite letting the BS go on for a month longer than it should have.

Lou's patience totally backfired that season, I hope it doesn't this season as well.

Then again, at least we're winning hockey games and we have a good coach. I'm not expecting any moves at all until maybe the trade deadline

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Lou admitted he wasn't nearly as proactive as he should of been during the Mac blunder. He proved that last year when he wasn't shy to pull the trigger.

2 waiver pickups and 3 trades.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Lou did put himself in that cap mess, but it didn't help that Langs tied him up by not wanting to waive his NTC prior to the season

and as we all learned by his eventual trade, you do not tie up Lou Lamoriello

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think little by little Lou is cleaning house, and a trade could be the end result. We're seeing a lot of little movement this last week. I expect we'll see something else Monday. Sending down Tedenby, Janssen, and Anderson back and forth.

Now if we get Janssen back up here this week again that will be extremely counterproductive. Should have just never called up Anderson if we're gonna do that. I also pretty much just want Matteau gone until next season.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Also in this 48 game season teams need to see where they are at. Every team thinks they have a chance to compete. Once a team realizes they cant be competitive this year, that opens things up for Lou

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Also in this 48 game season teams need to see where they are at. Every team thinks they have a chance to compete. Once a team realizes they cant be competitive this year, that opens things up for Lou

I think the best thing to do would be trade to a team that's competitive, but needs defensemen. St Louis would have been perfect for us if they hadn't signed Redden.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012

My thoughts exactly. Forget Perry and other rental players, they won't be traded.

hlaverty06

Feb 11, 2012
NJ all day
Well then he should let it rip a little harder than he has on the powerplay

like I said in the GDT for the Isles, he could shoot it, I could go take a piss and come back and the shots still on its way to the net

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Can we all agree Andy Greene may have to slowest shot known to man?

Probably, but it still beat MAF last year!:laugh:

I'm not sure we'll have much luck with waivers this year unless no one wants a player. There's 28 other teams who get their chances first right? Wouldn't have minded Santorelli from Florida when he was put on waivers. Pete got 20 goals out of him in 10/11. He cleared waivers, and I believe he's playing for San Antonio of the AHL now. Or still a healthy scratch for the Panthers.

Oroku Saki*

Kovy on the right just doesn't look comfortable for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Andy Greene, and Anton Volchenkov combined for 3 goals last year. 2 of those goals were scored on the lovely flower that we face today!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad