Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: Vancouver Canucks @ Philadelphia Flyers - Tuesday, Oct. 15 4:00PM - SNET-PAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
i'm pretty sure Santorelli didn't put better numbers than number sure than Giroux.

Mason did put good numbers since being traded .

Methinks his point is that given the sample sizes of their careers, Luongo has earned some benefit of the doubt whereas Mason has not yet gotten to that stage.

Anyway - hoping for a good game.

Interesting note - Henrik Sedin is sitting on 799 career points. His next point will make him the first Canuck to broach the 800-point barrier. That's something only 147 other players in the history of the NHL have managed to do. Also of interest, he currently sits in a tie for 148th all-time with former Canuck Geoff Courtnall.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Interesting note - Henrik Sedin is sitting on 799 career points. His next point will make him the first Canuck to broach the 800-point barrier. That's something only 147 other players in the history of the NHL have managed to do. Also of interest, he currently sits in a tie for 148th all-time with former Canuck Geoff Courtnall.

You mean scoring 800 points only with the Canucks? Because Trevor Linden, Markus Naslund, Alexander Mogilny and Mats Sundin are all Canucks that have over 800 career points.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

He could be approaching 900 by April as well.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Henrik is also 72nd all-time in assists. During this season he should pass Mike Gartner (11 back,) Peter Forsberg (20,) Bobby Orr (29,) Brett Hull (34,) and Ray Whitney (41,) among others.

Only 50 players have ever gotten to 700 assists, although Alfredsson should make it 51 this year. Hank would need 90 to get there this year, which I don't think he'll do, but hopefully he gets close.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Henrik is also 72nd all-time in assists. During this season he should pass Mike Gartner (11 back,) Peter Forsberg (20,) Bobby Orr (29,) Brett Hull (34,) and Ray Whitney (41,) among others.

Only 50 players have ever gotten to 700 assists, although Alfredsson should make it 51 this year. Hank would need 90 to get there this year, which I don't think he'll do, but hopefully he gets close.

He'll probably reach 70 or so this season and break the marker next year. If he reached 90 this year alone. We're an amazing team again!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
What has kassian done exactly that makes him deserving of top line minutes?.

Let him earn that spot, no more freebees

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
What has kassian done exactly that makes him deserving of top line minutes?.

Let him earn that spot, no more freebees

That may work in theory, however often times you have to give someone an opportunity to succeed. Tossing Kassian with Weise does nothing for him. Saad, Shaw and Bickell all got looks on Chicago's top six and it certainly proved dividends.

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
Please win it. Dear Canucks, I give you three valid reasons:

1) We need a win.
2) I hate the Flyers
3) It's my birthday.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
That may work in theory, however often times you have to give someone an opportunity to succeed. Tossing Kassian with Weise does nothing for him. Saad, Shaw and Bickell all got looks on Chicago's top six and it certainly proved dividends.

This is my school of thought too. Put skill players with skill players if we're ever going to score any damn goals.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
I wonder which Canucks team will show up tonight: the 60 min decimators of all that is the opposition or the one that curls up into a ball and lets the other team beat on them for 40 min before responding?

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Uggh, our achilles heel: a team with AHL quality goaltending. Steve Mason is about to look like Patrick Roy.

That's not even funny, don't even say that as a joke :laugh:

Also, let's not hope, tonight is the night Voracek and Giroux get startet.

And we have to be able to beat the Flyers abysmal D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad