GDT: Game 7 Suckfest Part 2

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
If Ribs gets 5M, Alzner gets 3M, and Hendy gets 1M, that roster has 2.6M in cap room. Add in Volpatti and Hillen, who were both signed this year and are basically guaranteed to be here, and it's down to 1.35M. Where's Johansson?

I didn't have him or Ward in there. Those are the 2 guys I could see being traded out of our forward group. Maybe Laich, but he brings grit that Johansson doesn't in the top 6. I love mojo, but I think Erat would be more effective away from ribs and Laich fits better on that line than mojo. I would like to trade mojo for a top 4 D, but we have a log jam back there with newly signed fringe defenders.

I also wouldn't mind not resigning Ribs, and signing Filppula while keeping mojo.

Should be an interesting off season.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Such a horrible and embarassing way of losing game 7. I was way more angry last year and in 2010 vs Montreal.

For some reason the 2009 game 7 vs penguins and in this one I just didn't feel that devastated.

Pens game 7 hurt for me, I thought they would of steamrolled the Canes on the way to the cup finals. This...meh, used to it by now.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
All I got...
upsidedown-tank.jpg

Can't even effing tank right!

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I don't think they can win a cup with Ovechkin. He's not the biggest issue, but he has progressively gotten worse in the playoffs, very disturbing.

He is not a Captain. He would be great, like Kane in Chicago, letting someone else carry that load. Not sure if you can strip him of it now but...

Sad watching Ovi with his head down like that.

Hard to feel sorry for someone making $10,000,000 / year. ;)

Sadder watching him float for 4 games.

Yup.

Watching this Ranger PP to end the game makes you wonder how the hell they won this series.

Without Lundqvist this team is not even close to the playoffs.

Ah **** it, didn't want to win the first cup in a strike shortened year.

:)

I don't get Backstrom. He's such a likable guy and he just oozes skill but he's consistently nowhere to be found in the playoffs.

Oh, he showed up for the handshakes, giving a big smile to a Ranger .... yeah, reaaal likeable :rant:

:laugh:

Is it normal for Ovechkin to log only one shot in such a vital game?

Only in a playoff game that matters.

Yeah, he has one hell of a splinter. :sarcasm:

Pulled his spare tire?

:laugh:

Slava Malamud ‏@SlavaMalamud 4m
Ovi on refs: "Not saying there was a phone call, but they wanted Game 7. For ratings. You know, lockout, escrow, league must make profit"

Let's play the conspiracy card.....sad.

I bet the league would have prefered Pitts vs Washington in the Eastern Final. I know I would have.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Feel like smashing things. Starting with my forehead against my desk. Over and over and over and over.

I'm pretty sure I injured my shoulder repeatedly punching this chair. And I ruined any chance at getting laid with the lady Caps fan at the bar I was at when I stormed out as the game ended.

Kershaw

Great series guys, another hard fought battle. It's tough losing game 7, the Rangers lost to you guys blowing a 3-1 series lead. But you have bright future with Carlson, Holtby and Alzner, along with deep prospect pool Wilson Kuznetsov, etc.

I have a question, what happened to the scoring prowess the Caps showed down the stretch? Are players injured?

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
If Ovi doesn't miss the empty net in Game 6, are we still in the same position right now?

No. There's a good chance we aren't.

Or the game (3?) where Nicky and Ribs couldn't finish either of those sweet Ovie set-ups. Whatever. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. When the moment is big, no team comes up smaller.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Rangers fan coming in peace.

You guys really missed Brooks. He's a gamer and if the roles were reversed I would seriously hate having that kind of guy not in the lineup.

Ovy did what he could, but the Rangers played him like you guys played Nash. When they have the puck, 2 men vs 1 man for coverage.

He still was a wrecking machine though. The one thing I hate about eliminating the Capitals, is I want Ovy to reach the final dance. One of my favorite players in the game.

Liberati0n*

Rangers fan coming in peace.

You guys really missed Brooks. He's a gamer and if the roles were reversed I would seriously hate having that kind of guy not in the lineup.

Ovy did what he could, but the Rangers played him like you guys played Nash. When they have the puck, 2 men vs 1 man for coverage.

He still was a wrecking machine though. The one thing I hate about eliminating the Capitals, is I want Ovy to reach the final dance. One of my favorite players in the game.

Laich is overrated and disappears in the playoffs. His readiness would have likely kept Fehr off the second line, which would have only made the team worse.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Laich is overrated and disappears in the playoffs. His readiness would have likely kept Fehr off the second line, which would have only made the team worse.

I don't think so but you obviously watch him more than me. But whenever I do catch a Caps game it's always him, Chimera, and Ovy I notice.

You think Fehr did better than a healthy Brooks would? I beg to differ - I'd love to have Brooks on our side.

leova

Feb 28, 2008
That's the thing. Each of the last 4 years, the offense has been the problem in the playoffs, not the defense. We need more offense IMO. Not alot more, but more.

I actually think the issue is getting the players we DO have, who have LOTS of offensive skill, to actually produce consistently. And I think a big part of that is overall locker-room and team atmosphere/chemistry.
For whatever reason, I feel the Caps are too loosy-goosey behind closed doors, which leads to on-ice inconsistency. Oates seems to be helping, but I think they need a big, LOUD, smart, respected locker-room voice to help mold these young(ish) dynamos into well-rounded players.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
The door is that way --------------->

I mean no disrespect to you or the other respectful Caps fans, but this Liberati0n guy has been talking all kinds of smack all series, just crazy talk.

Wanted to serve some crow in the most respectful way possible. Good luck in the future Caps, great series, great games, looking forward to a new rivalry.

Red Dread

Oct 19, 2011
Maryland
I mean no disrespect to you or the other respectful Caps fans, but this Liberati0n guy has been talking all kinds of smack all series, just crazy talk.

Wanted to serve some crow in the most respectful way possible. Good luck in the future Caps, great series, great games, looking forward to a new rivalry.

We'll see you in a few months, thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad