GDT: Game 7 Suckfest Part 2

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
The disturbing part for me is one of Erskine, Hillen, Oleksy, or Schultz will be a top 4 dman next year. Unless George does something...not likely.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
The disturbing part for me is one of Erskine, Hillen, Oleksy, or Schultz will be a top 4 dman next year. Unless George does something...not likely.
Or they could, you know, play Orlov, who is far better than all of that garbage. That kid must have called Ted fat or something.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
What did you guys make of Holtby tonight? Not much talk about him. Not all goal is on him but he didn't look sharp at all.

Our goalies haven't been able to hold up at all.

Varly in game 7.
Noovy against the Bolts
And now Holtby game 7.

They all fell apart.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
So what does this roster amount to cap wise?

Erat-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Laich-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr
Hendricks-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Oleksy

Holtby
Neuvirth

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Can you see it playing out differently?

Maybe someone in the media will grow some balls and call out McPhee for his failure at team building and the horrible position he's put the Caps in with his long term grinder contracts. Then Leonsis finally realizes the need for some accountability in his organization if he wants to maintain the fan base, and replaces McPhee with someone who has a clear vision of how he's going to build a Cup caliber team, and not one that changes every year.

A guy can dream, right?

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
From above the circle, on an unscreened shot gloveside on LOLtby..

No, I mean, I saw it. Thanks, I know how what I said sounded.

Just, after going through whatever stages of grief I've gone through tonight, thinking all the way back to the Asham goal, and just thinking about that sentence: "The first period was fine until Asham scored." Thinking about his grinning face. 35-year old, fighter guy, right? Guy who one-punch-KOed Beagle that time. 4th line type. Scored 2 goals this season, and then 2 more this series. That guy started it. Just weak. It just hurts to remember that the first period was fine until Asham scored.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
What did you guys make of Holtby tonight? Not much talk about him. Not all goal is on him but he didn't look sharp at all.

Our goalies haven't been able to hold up at all.

Varly in game 7.
Noovy against the Bolts
And now Holtby game 7.

They all fell apart.

We're in good shape with Holtby. He was very good in the series. Kid has what it takes to win in the playoffs. Tonight he was lousy but it's terribly frustrating to watch the guys in front of you fall completely apart and quit. Must be a lot of fun knowing to win you have to throw a 75 minute shutout with poor defense in front of you.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Wasn't everyone all fine and dandy with both Oleksy and Erskine up until this series and now they are getting called crap. I know Erskine had a horrible series but compared to last year he was 100 times better.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980 2m
K. Alzner to @Rich_Campbell - Do u think about not being able to get over hump? "A little bit. I don't know if that's the right mentality."

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
So what does this roster amount to cap wise?

Erat-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Laich-Ribeiro-Brouwer
Chimera-Perreault-Fehr
Hendricks-Beagle-Wilson

Alzner-Green
Orlov-Carlson
Erskine-Oleksy

Holtby
Neuvirth

If Ribs gets 5M, Alzner gets 3M, and Hendy gets 1M, that roster has 2.6M in cap room. Add in Volpatti and Hillen, who were both signed this year and are basically guaranteed to be here, and it's down to 1.35M. Where's Johansson?

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
926.gif

Green Blob*

Great series guys :handclap: Anytime it goes to 7 its a great time for both clubs.

El Gato Bodegero

Oct 22, 2008
Mexico City
Such a horrible and embarassing way of losing game 7. I was way more angry last year and in 2010 vs Montreal.

For some reason the 2009 game 7 vs penguins and in this one I just didn't feel that devastated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad