GDT: Game 7 Suckfest Part 2

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Just finished watching, hard to pick words.

Well, all this season wasn't what it should've been. Try to forget it and unsee this embarrassment. We'll be better next year.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Between the gloating Rangers fans today and the 'only comes out when it's raining' crowd, this board is going to be miserable for a couple days/weeks. Best of luck to those willing to ride out the poopstorm.

RockDaRed

May 13, 2013
Richmond,VA
I mean no disrespect to you or the other respectful Caps fans, but this Liberati0n guy has been talking all kinds of smack all series, just crazy talk.

Wanted to serve some crow in the most respectful way possible. Good luck in the future Caps, great series, great games, looking forward to a new rivalry.

The dude is a Caps fan posting on the Caps board. He can say what he wants here. If he says something you don't like somewhere else by all means go for it.

RockDaRed

May 13, 2013
Richmond,VA
Hard to game to watch. I could hardly sleep last night. I kept dreaming about it.

yeah I ain't gonna lie my sleep got messed up by that game. So excited for it and just complete let down. It didn't help I have Pens fans on FB. Phone kept buzzing with notifications of posts with their laughter. Needless to say cleared up my friends list a bit last night after I lost my patience.

CAPITAL PUNISHMENT

Oct 18, 2010
Maryland
Hard to game to watch. I could hardly sleep last night. I kept dreaming about it.

Imagine being there and having 9-10 Rags fans sitting in the whole row behind you it was annoying the crap out of me!! Not to mention the guy directly behind me was doing his best NBC play by play of every move the Rags made!! ERRRRR!!:help::rant::banghead::baghead:

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
Imagine being there and having 9-10 Rags fans sitting in the whole row behind you it was annoying the crap out of me!! Not to mention the guy directly behind me was doing his best NBC play by play of every move the Rags made!! ERRRRR!!:help::rant::banghead::baghead:

That sounds horrible. :( Especially the annoying NBC-like play by play!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
We have only one forward in our top 6 that wins pucks battles and that’s Erat, and he was hurt. Did you see any net presence last night? Didn’t think so. Why this team believes it can beat a team like the Rangers and goalie like Lundquist in a game 7 playing a perimeter game is beyond me.

Beyond that, I like John Erskine and really respect his battle level and the degree to which he makes the most of the tools he has – but he was terrible the entire series.
He couldn't clear the puck to save his life last night - in the first period he moved the puck to a Ranger at least as many times as he did to a Cap. Alzner was pretty weak at the beginning of the game last nite as well

As a result, Caps were under a lot of stress early on last night - I disagree with people that say we dominated early last night. We didn't - we had a few scoring chances, and one grade A chance from Green jumping up that lead to a jail break the other way. But we were bottled up in defensively a lot, and our top 6 forwards reverted to their habit of trying to generate offense by blowing the zone early and failing to support our D guys who were under pressure from the Ranger forecheck.

Lastly, the Holtby remark about guys being "comfortable" after game 2 is now pretty haunting. The idea that this team still has not learned that it can NEVER get comfortable/happy with itself just because it's won a game or two in a playoff series is just flabbergasting.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
another capitals flame out...this year i am not even surprised.
most responsibility goes to the player who gets the most money...1g2a. i can only imagine what pressure he gets next year.

my other thought is that ovy wanted to catch the flight to helsinki (yes i am serious about that, just face the facts and his priorities are going to jump in your face).

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
you are in denial... it can run deep, the first stage of grief....
Nah, I think it's just skipping on to acceptance since such a result isn't all that surprising.

On a fundamental level they're just not that good. They never have been.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad