2019 Stanley Cup Final Game 7 still stings

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
The Door! ------------------->

"since 94", huh? I was born in the 70's pal and sometimes enough is enough. I'll get over it, but I'm not over it today. I've been in the building for like 6 game 7 losses in the playoffs since 2009 and I was there for game 6 in 2013... out of all of those loses, the only one I felt OK about was 2013. The rest for straight up choke jobs against inferior teams (maybe not the Flyers in 2010)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
"since 94", huh? I was born in the 70's pal and sometimes enough is enough. I'll get over it, but I'm not over it today. I've been in the building for like 6 game 7 losses in the playoffs since 2009 and I was there for game 6 in 2013... out of all of those loses, the only one I felt OK about was 2013. The rest for straight up choke jobs against inferior teams (maybe not the Flyers in 2010)

I think we found the issue then.... Stop going to big games :laugh:

Yep, 1994.... We all start somewhere (I actually started in the 2000's since that's my earliest memories of watching hockey). I can understand being upset with the loss, but it's time to move on. You've been a fan for that long, but this is the one that causes you zero interest?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Still burns. Yes.

I will never be convinced that the Bruins were not the better team. They just went full Vancouver at home for some reason. Did the officiating suck real bad? Yes. Did the Blues have more than a few borderline hits? Absolutely. But did anyone on the Bruins ever do anything about it? No. It’s a dumb cliche but it’s so true, the Blues wanted it more.

Truthfully, Boston’s efforts in the Final were pretty sad.

Reactions: Aeroforce and BMC

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
I think we found the issue then.... Stop going to big games :laugh:

Yep, 1994.... We all start somewhere (I actually started in the 2000's since that's my earliest memories of watching hockey). I can understand being upset with the loss, but it's time to move on. You've been a fan for that long, but this is the one that causes you zero interest?

it was the BIGGEST home game in the history of the franchise.

Reactions: PepeBostones

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

All I can say is thank God for Toronto.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Still burns. Yes.

I will never be convinced that the Bruins were not the better team. They just went full Vancouver at home for some reason. Did the officiating suck real bad? Yes. Did the Blues have more than a few borderline hits? Absolutely. But did anyone on the Bruins ever do anything about it? No. It’s a dumb cliche but it’s so true, the Blues wanted it more.

I've wondered how the 2011 Bruins would have responded if a guy like Pat Maroon skated by their bench at home and said "You guys are ******."

Just look how they responded to Aaron Rome's hit.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I've wondered how the 2011 Bruins would have responded if a guy like Pat Maroon skated by their bench at home and said "You guys are ******."

I honestly don’t think the words would’ve finished leaving his mouth before he was dropped to his ass.

Maroon wasn’t a very effective player, but i LOVED the quote.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I have zero interest in the 2019/2020 as of today. This team chokes in game 7's at home and I'm sick of it.

Yet you're posting here? Saggy leaky diaper much? Despite the last 20 years for fans in this area, sometimes your team comes up short. It sucks, but that's why you watch. If you won all the time, you'd never appreciate a f***ing thing. As it's been months, I'd say get over it already.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Still burns. Yes.

They had a more talented roster, but they weren't the better team. The better team responded every time they faced adversity and went out and earned it. The Bruins expected to win on talent alone and didn't want to earn it, and it showed. A complete no show by the entire team in game 7 was pathetic.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Agreed.

2 DNQs and losing to Ottawa nearly as bad.

NTC/NMCs for everyone etc etc.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
They had a more talented roster, but they weren't the better team. The better team responded every time they faced adversity and went out and earned it. The Bruins expected to win on talent alone and didn't want to earn it, and it showed. A complete no show by the entire team in game 7 was pathetic.

I'd say that's a bit of an exaggeration.

But in reality its just simply not true.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Maroon shits his pants regularly and is an awful player. If that happened it should have motivated the team even more.

I've never seen a player cower so much in a fight he looked for.

Reactions: Yoko Ono

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

What resilience exactly?

After a blowout where the Bruins went 4/4 on the PP the Blues were so resilient they needed to beg the league to alter the officiating standards.

Also, enough with the utter garbage narrative we see on these forums... the Bruins mauled the Blues in the 1st period. Unfortunately each team sat on leads very well and the first goal was going to be the game winner. The Bruins went through the motions late when it was over but the argument that the 'better team' won either the series or game 7 is a myth.

This was not 2013.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I have zero interest in the 2019/2020 as of today. This team chokes in game 7's at home and I'm sick of it.
tenor.gif

Boston has been one of the most successful teams in the NHL since its beginnings.

Most of the other Sports fan bases hate Boston fans because we come off as entitled and ungrateful.
Complaints like this just come off as spoiled.

Go complain about our game 7 record to Leafs fans.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yet you're posting here? Saggy leaky diaper much? Despite the last 20 years for fans in this area, sometimes your team comes up short. It sucks, but that's why you watch. If you won all the time, you'd never appreciate a ****ing thing. As it's been months, I'd say get over it already.

Quoted for truth

Ppl in this town are so spoiled

“Wahhhh we’ve only been to the cup 1/3 of the time this decade, we only have one cup win. IM CANCELLING THEM”

Acting as if it’s better they miss the playoffs or lose game 6 on the road :rolleyes:

Reactions: LSCII

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Also quoted for truth

The bruins most talented players didn’t show up, the blues did. The end.

Reactions: LSCII

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
What was the final score of that game? I seem to have forgotten it since you appear to be suggesting it was close...

I suggested no such thing. Never mentioned the final scoring.

Simply referring to your claim that the entire team was a no show. Which is a ridiculous claim.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I suggested no such thing. Never mentioned the final scoring.

Simply referring to your claim that the entire team was a no show. Which is a ridiculous claim.

To say they showed up would indicate they were in that game in some way, but no matter how I look at it, I can't figure out the criteria you're using to state it's true. Maybe before the puck dropped? Or before the first goal? They came out flat, and got even more deflated after the first goal. By the time the second goals was scored, that game was over. They showed zero fight. They went down 4-0, ffs. So again, I don't see how you can even reasonably say they showed up or were in that game at virtually any point. They went out with a whimper and it was shameful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad