GDT: Game 7: Sharks @ Lightning 4:00pm NBCSCA

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
not to burst your bubble but i got more invested in the sharks than I ever had been like 2 years after moving abroad haha

I’m 2 years in, but it probably has more to do with enjoying Europe. During the Thornton years I couldn’t miss a game. The good ole days!

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
He's not gonna last anyways, and he'll have a better shot at landing a head coaching position for a better club that won't stain his W-L record if he shows that he is capable of recognizing and addressing the problems.
You guys act like Grier and Quinn aren’t on the same page. I’m sure it was discussed together that this would be a multiple year rebuild and that there would be some tough patches considering how they would construct the roster to maximize adding picks and value oriented pieces that they could trade. Quinn’s job is to keep developing players that come up, instill the right culture, get the team to play a competitive system, and pray for the best. He knew what he was signing up for. I don’t think he’s on the hot seat at all. He’s all-in on the direction.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
If it keeps up like this I think the NHL should have a separate set of stats for points, goals and assists versus 23-24 Sharks.
Sure you scored 60 goals, but 43 of them were against the 23-24 Sharks...
Seriously, these aren't NHL games for our opponents, they're warm up exhibitions

Stats against the Sharks shouldn't count this year, it's not impressive to score against/beat this team

Reactions: landshark

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Seriously, these aren't NHL games for our opponents, they're warm up exhibitions

Stats against the Sharks shouldn't count this year, it's not impressive to score against/beat this team
Good thing there's no relegation in this league. I think they'd get dropped to AHL this year, and then ECHL the next...

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
He's not gonna last anyways, and he'll have a better shot at landing a head coaching position for a better club that won't stain his W-L record if he shows that he is capable of recognizing and addressing the problems.

He's doing what the club needs so I expect him to last for this year. He's in SJ to be a tank commander so I think he'll be there until it's time to compete.

You could have prime Scotty Bowman and this team would still lost its first seven. That's how bad the "talent" is on the club at the moment.

Even had the Sharks got Bedard they'd still be miserable.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015

No one is going to look at his W-L record with this team and conclude he was the problem. It's kind of weird to grasp right now, but his job is not to win hockey games right now. It's to prepare the next generation to win hockey games later. Everyone in the league knew this was going to be a brutal season.

Reactions: landshark

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
No one is going to look at his W-L record with this team and conclude he was the problem. It's kind of weird to grasp right now, but his job is not to win hockey games right now. It's to prepare the next generation to win hockey games later. Everyone in the league knew this was going to be a brutal season.
Everyone but the Sharks' PR dept it seems.

1698436870200.png

SURPRISE!!!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: DG93 and jarr92

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Everyone but the Sharks' PR dept it seems.

View attachment 758893

SURPRISE!!!!!!!

They have a different job than everyone else - they have to sell tickets.

I think the measure of whether Quinn succeeds this year is whether Eklund — and on a smaller level, Bordeleau, Zadina, Zetterlund and possibly Guschin, Mukhamadullin and Thrun if they join the team later — grow significantly between now and the end of the year.

I don’t think Grier or Hasso could honestly look at this already-bad team that’s made even worse by injuries to 3 top-6/9 players, having to play their first games against the leagues crème of the crop and say they’re bad because Quinn. I mean our second line center is an AHL winger, so….

Reactions: sharks_dynasty

landshark

Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
They have a different job than everyone else - they have to sell tickets.

I think the measure of whether Quinn succeeds this year is whether Eklund — and on a smaller level, Bordeleau, Zadina, Zetterlund and possibly Guschin, Mukhamadullin and Thrun if they join the team later — grow significantly between now and the end of the year.

I don’t think Grier or Hasso could honestly look at this already-bad team that’s made even worse by injuries to 3 top-6/9 players, having to play their first games against the leagues crème of the crop and say they’re bad because Quinn. I mean our second line center is an AHL winger, so….
I get it. Just having a little fun. Sharks suck right meow, and I'm not counting on Cooter and Granlund to turn the tide. Actually, if they'd play Cooter and maybe Granlund on D the team might see an uptick in getting the puck out of their own zone.

I'm kinda bummed watching Eklund and Bordy suffer through this whole thing. I'm not sure I'd want to see the rest of the kids similarly suffering. They're not ready yet. Put another 4 or 5 months on the timer, probably more. I'm in the camp of let them play together against lesser comp in the AHL while gaining confidence instead of taking the equivalent of a nut shot every NHL game they play with the Sharks. I feel like if Cooter and Granlund were healthy then EkSeventy-two and Bordy would be in the A.

Quinn gonna quit at 0-13-1. :sarcasm: SURPRISE!!!!!

Grier and Hasso have their own problems to deal with...

Reactions: Jargon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad