GDT: Game 7: Sharks @ Lightning 4:00pm NBCSCA

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Of course, the Sharks have a year like this when the consensus #1 overall pick isn't a generational talent...

Generational talent is a worn out phrase. To me the last generational talents in the draft were McDavid and Matthews. The rest were mislabeled elite talent.

It's just that elite talent doesn't generate as much ad revenue, clicks, etc., for the hockey media.

These Sharks would lose to the team from Cool Runnings
and Mystery, Alaska too.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Ferraro has plenty of compete, but he doesn't have enough skill or the smarts to recognize that fact, which is true for most of this team.

Reactions: karltonian

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
As a beer-league defenseman I know what it takes to win: it takes good defensemen!

We actually competed in the games with Thrun in the lineup in those games earlier in the season. A guy like Simek should be in the lineup over friggin one-dimensional players like Benning, Burroughs, and Ferraro. Those three pylons need to be moved down in the lineup. If you don't have real two-way defensemen like hotcabbagesoup you won't win.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The worst part about losses like this is seeing all the pathetic excuses coming from them in the postgame. Especially the "we were just half a step slow everywhere" coming out of Quinn's mouth.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I mean what's he supposed to say? My boss gave me a dog shit roster full of fringe NHLers and 3 of our top 6 is hurt?
Exactly. I mean, watching the first period, we were indeed a half step slow everywhere. That's because we don't have a roster that is quick, fast, skilled enough to keep up with one of the best teams in the league. It's no surprise.

As the lineup is right now, we're definitely historically bad. With couture, granlund, and barabanov, we would only be bad to very bad. But we're banking those tank points.

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Picked the right time to move to England for 3-5 years, certainly not missing much good in Shark land. Good lord do we need Celebrini. I think we’ve got another 3 years of picking bottom 6 after this as well.
not to burst your bubble but i got more invested in the sharks than I ever had been like 2 years after moving abroad haha

exchequer

Apr 21, 2006
I just didn't necessarily expect us to be HISTORICALLY bad, I think we'll challenge pre-cap era records of futility at this rate
Same here.
As a beer-league defenseman I know what it takes to win: it takes good defensemen!

We actually competed in the games with Thrun in the lineup in those games earlier in the season. A guy like Simek should be in the lineup over friggin one-dimensional players like Benning, Burroughs, and Ferraro. Those three pylons need to be moved down in the lineup. If you don't have real two-way defensemen like hotcabbagesoup you won't win.
Not sure when thrun became a puck moving defenseman

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I mean what's he supposed to say? My boss gave me a dog shit roster full of fringe NHLers and 3 of our top 6 is hurt?

I would for once like a coach that doesn't sugar coat anything. I want one who will name names and call things what they are. Then maybe, just maybe he can get the most out of what he has to work with. If he has a problem with the roster, then f***ing call out Mike Grier. Have some f***ing pride in your work as a head coach of a professional sports club. I don't get this whole coaching like he's afraid of offending someone. This isn't some f***ing peewee club, stop babying them and start treating them like men.

But these empty platitudes do nothing and fix nothing.

"half step slow" my ass, those motherf***ers were in a different time zone all game.

"Vlasic needs to be a "little bit" quicker/faster/stronger". No motherf***er, he needs to be a LOT quicker/faster/stronger. Then multiply that by 50.

Last edited:

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I would for once like a coach that doesn't sugar coat anything. I want one who will name names and call things what they are. Then maybe, just maybe he can get the most out of what he has to work with. If he has a problem with the roster, then f***ing call out Mike Grier. Have some f***ing pride in your work as a head coach of a professional sports club. I don't get this whole coaching like he's afraid of offending someone. This isn't some f***ing peewee club, stop babying them and start treating them like men.

But these empty platitudes do nothing and fix nothing.

"half step slow" my ass, those motherf***ers were in a different time zone all game.

"Vlasic needs to be a "little bit" quicker/faster/stronger". No motherf***er, he needs to be a LOT quicker/faster/stronger. Then multiply that by 50.
Coaches won’t last if they bag on the GM. That’s just silliness to expect that.

Bizz

Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Coaches won’t last if they bag on the GM. That’s just silliness to expect that.

He's not gonna last anyways, and he'll have a better shot at landing a head coaching position for a better club that won't stain his W-L record if he shows that he is capable of recognizing and addressing the problems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad