GDT: Game 7 | Senators @ Blackhawks | October 26, 7pm EST | City TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Sens massively outplayed them in the first 10 minutes and the last 20. Team is 4-2-1 and just pushed one of the best in the league to the brink.

Im happy.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed the game, it's pretty much the only parts I caught....

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I only watched a bit of the first and the third and though we played ok.

Linesmen were either really bad tonight, or my low res feed played tricks on me. Some of those icing/offside/figure out why the sens shouldn't get a chance after we blow the whistle calls were head scratchers, but in the end, if linesmen cost you the game, you probably don't deserve to win.

You missed the second where Chicago dominated them fully and completely.

The Sens kept up with them for most of the 1st and the 3rd though and only lost by a goal. Not a terrible showing against a team like the Hawks

Oct 10, 2010
We need more offensive upside and Greening and Condra don't provide that at all. Condra while being okay in certain situations, we just need more scoring and neither of those 2 will help with that.

They probably wanted to get everyone in on this father's road trip.

On Tuesday, Cowen, Lazar, Stone will all be in the line up.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
To be fair, Condra at least contributes on the PK, but Greening is full-on useless. Still prefer Stone and Lazar for obvious reasons.

Greening needed to show something and he didn't. Not being terrible isn't good enough.

he and wiercioch should be scratches net game

Othello*

Oh and Wiercioch gots to go, this guy can't stay on his skates and is super weak

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Something needs to be done. If thats how we play against a good team getting out played for the entirety of the match, there needs to be a trade, waive, firing or something. Really discouraging as a fan to watch something like that.

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
I'm all for it. He's just not seeing the ice well. A couple games in the press box can help with that.

I'd like to see Lazar given a chance at centre with Ziban on RW, see how that works out. Ziban should get more shots from the wing, and he does have a great shot when he gets a chance.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Something needs to be done. If thats how we play against a good team getting out played for the entirety of the match, there needs to be a trade, waive, firing or something. Really discouraging as a fan to watch something like that.

I hope you didn't expect us to win all games, this is the Chicago Blackhawks and we are the 50M Ottawa Senators having a 4-2-1 record to start the season. Can't be askin more than that, can't be expecting more than that.

The way we are playing is almost the same as we played 2 seasons ago as the pesky Sens. Maybe some don't remember because they look at the record, but we we're always outplayed but Andy and Lehner kept us in the game until the third period where we would play awesome.

Looks very similar to our season thus far, Anderson and Lehner have been unreal and we've been playing particularly great in the 3rd period. I'm not saying we don't need aome help on defense, or guys like Zibanejad to step up, but we don't need a firing, trade or we. We are 4-2-1 calm down

olegsaprykin

Oct 15, 2014
We put up a decent fight against the hawks and I guess I can't be too mad, but there are just soo many things wrong with us defensively that it gets frustrating.

A lot of the problems in our own zone come from the high boards near the blueline. Defenseman are constantly putting wingers in tough positions with ring around shots and wingers are losing battles or just chipping it out to the other team *cough* Neil *cough*. We need to work on quick passes out because our transition is either too slow, too reliant on Karlsson or both.

On a positive note, go Anderson.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Damn the hawks are good

Wasn't really expecting a win. Hawks have one thing we simply don't. Quick defensemen. All there D can skate and move the puck even with pressure coming down on them.

Wiercioch has still been better than Cowen. However, both aren't very good.

Sens need Methot to come back asap AND the Sens need to add a top 4 D man to stop these one sided beatings.

We gave up 45 shots today! That's insane...

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I hope you didn't expect us to win all games, this is the Chicago Blackhawks and we are the 50M Ottawa Senators having a 4-2-1 record to start the season. Can't be askin more than that, can't be expecting more than that.

The way we are playing is almost the same as we played 2 seasons ago as the pesky Sens. Maybe some don't remember because they look at the record, but we we're always outplayed but Andy and Lehner kept us in the game until the third period where we would play awesome.

Looks very similar to our season thus far, Anderson and Lehner have been unreal and we've been playing particularly great in the 3rd period. I'm not saying we don't need aome help on defense, or guys like Zibanejad to step up, but we don't need a firing, trade or we. We are 4-2-1 calm down

Its not that losing is new, that game was one of the worsts games this team has played in a while, counting the ones from last season, if thats how its always going to when we play a western conference team like the hawks, kings, sharks or ducks where they can just throw in a rookie goalie and expect two points against us that is just discouraging, we didn't even bring a fight tonight.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Stone and Lazar couldve been the difference.

Unfortunately for Maclean, this is completely accurate. Since Ryan is playing as good as Greening these days, scratching Stone - who is very similar to Ryan- is borderline senile and makes no sense at all.
Greening needs to be axed immediately. He doesn't score goals, generates no offense and isn't physical. This loss is on Maclean, primarily.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anderson really needs to work on his wrap arounds.

He slid way to far to the right when toews went behind the net and had not chance to come back in time.

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just coming in to say good game, and mention how awesome it was for Karlsson to give a signed stick to a kid suffering from cancer prior to the start of the game. Even though the kid probably wont know how special that is until he's older.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
After the 1st Lee Versage and Todd White on TSN1200 said that Greening was credited with a hit but then Todd said you can't trust the stats. He expanded by discussing face offs etc... but I think his point was that Greening probably accidentally brushed someone and it was counted as a hit. Greening is not playing to his role and that will keep him out of the lineup and eventually get him traded. He'd already be gone if he had an easier to move contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad