GDT: Game 7 | Senators @ Blackhawks | October 26, 7pm EST | City TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Fairly comical listening to Todd White on the 1200 post-game show trying to explain how the Sens aren't a slow team. He does this as a way to deflect how little Chris Neil brings to the table. I get more honest and accurate commentary from a handful of Travis Yost tweets than 5 hours of pre, in-game and post-game TSN1200 "analysis".

The only "plus" skaters we have are Hoffman and Karlsson. A few others are just fine (Turris, Mac, Milan, Lazar, Methot, Condra), but the rest are slow compared to the league - the game is faster now. Our defence is slow. Smith, Legwand, Neil, Chiasson, Ryan, and Stone are slow. Greening and Mika used to be decent but now they look slow. We can be a decent team, but need a few more quicker players to help support the more skilled/slower ones.

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Fairly comical listening to Todd White on the 1200 post-game show trying to explain how the Sens aren't a slow team. He does this as a way to deflect how little Chris Neil brings to the table. I get more honest and accurate commentary from a handful of Travis Yost tweets than 5 hours of pre, in-game and post-game TSN1200 "analysis".

The only "plus" skaters we have are Hoffman and Karlsson. A few others are just fine (Turris, Mac, Milan, Lazar, Methot, Condra), but the rest are slow compared to the league - the game is faster now. Our defence is slow. Smith, Legwand, Neil, Chiasson, Ryan, and Stone are slow. Greening and Mika used to be decent but now they look slow. We can be a decent team, but need a few more quicker players to help support the more skilled/slower ones.

Pageau?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
How can people blame Andy for the loss? What's he supposed to do, skate down the ice and get a hat trick while he's tending net, too?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Complaining about a goal he let in after he made 40 saves is pointless.

So just because he made 40 saves means that i can't criticize him at all?

I am not blaming him for the loss. He saved the sens butts countless times. If it wasn't for him, it would have been a blowout.

But that does not take away the fact that Anderson kind of screwed up on the first goal.

How can people blame Andy for the loss? What's he supposed to do, skate down the ice and get a hat trick while he's tending net, too?

Nobody is blaming Andy for the loss.

I am personally just criticizing him for the first goal.

His wrap-arounds are bad. They were bad last season as well iirc.

freddy61

Selfie
Jun 6, 2013
Up a tree
In most situations it's more about making and being able to accept quick accurate passes than pure all out speed. Legwand is considered a good enough skater but watch him on the pp and his decision making along the right boards is like molasses. He wastes 10-15 seconds each time he gets possession before making a pass. He's there because they needed a left shot centre but eventually they'll have to use someone else.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
In most situations it's more about making and being able to accept quick accurate passes than pure all out speed. Legwand is considered a good enough skater but watch him on the pp and his decision making along the right boards is like molasses. He wastes 10-15 seconds each time he gets possession before making a pass. He's there because they needed a left shot centre but eventually they'll have to use someone else.

True. Seems we make a ton of passes that hit guys in the skates, or guys are forced to glide or stand still in order to receive a pass. I rarely see guys manage to hit each other on the tape while guys are skating with any speed or intensity.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Getting sick of Neil taking a better player's spot, his contract won't expire fast enough..

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Anderson really needs to work on his wrap arounds.

He slid way to far to the right when toews went behind the net and had not chance to come back in time.

Wasn't it Karlsson who let Toews skate around him before putting the puck in on the wrap around.

So just because he made 40 saves means that i can't criticize him at all?

I am not blaming him for the loss. He saved the sens butts countless times. If it wasn't for him, it would have been a blowout.

But that does not take away the fact that Anderson kind of screwed up on the first goal.

Nobody is blaming Andy for the loss.

I am personally just criticizing him for the first goal.

His wrap-arounds are bad. They were bad last season as well iirc.
I blame Karlsson for letting Toews skate around him on that goal, he was brutal defensively again tonight not to mention all the give aways & missed passes. Karlsson is the new Spezza defensively.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Wait, what? People are blaming Andy?

I want names.

It would have been an easy loss without him playing at that caliber tonight. 45 shots against ffs.

Anyway, I agree with those saying it wasn't a big surprise we were so thoroughly outplayed for large portions of the game. We aren't even playoff contenders and we were facing the most talented, well-oiled, machine in the league. And of course coach Q knew full well that the Senators are the perfect team to match up against when playing a goalie with zero NHL experience.

Until we make some moves, we'll be that typical middle-to-lower pack team that can win some games but won't be able to compete against the top-tier squads. As someone else said, we just don't have the talent to snatch a spot in the playoffs now or in the future. My only hope right now is that Methot comes back and has a career season so we can at least look decent most nights.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Wasn't it Karlsson who let Toews skate around him before putting the puck in on the wrap around.

I blame Karlsson for letting Toews skate around him on that goal, he was brutal defensively again tonight not to mention all the give aways & missed passes. Karlsson is the new Spezza defensively.

You can pick battles with karlsson but the wraparound probably isnt a good one.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Yeah, I don't think he has very good judgement of speed on the ice, which is weird considering he played the game. We clearly aren't a speedy team. Not the slowest of course, but there are too many slow-ish skaters on this team as of now.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008

Would it make you happy if we traded Karlsson and signed Hal Gil? I mean Gil is big you know. Can't have enough of big and slow.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
If he's not on the team, the coach will find another veteran to play ahead of the young ones.

And what's really annoying is watching some other teams like the Avs, Islanders, Panthers and Sabres who are putting their kids out there. Yes, some of those teams are struggling, but those kids are getting amazing experience and bring enthusiasm to the game and will only be better in the long run.

If we're going to have kids on the roster, we need to play them.

Would it make you happy if we traded Karlsson and signed Hal Gil? I mean Gil is big you know. Can't have enough of big and slow.

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if something incredibly stupid like that happens this year. I can see this team making a panic trade and giving away one or more of our young kids, just so we can watch them blossom for another team.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
So is it even safe to post, or are these boards on suicide watch? Seemed like it was a pretty good game. Chicago just got lucky and had a "Darling" of a game.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
So is it even safe to post, or are these boards on suicide watch? Seemed like it was a pretty good game. Chicago just got lucky and had a "Darling" of a game.

Chicago got lucky.....that's hilarious man. They did everything right. Darling was pretty good, but we're the lucky ones to have gotten away with a one-goal loss only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad