GDT: Game 7: Sabres vs Sharks - 10/18 10:30pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I still can’t get over Housley’s complete refusal to make adjustments at all to the PP or the lines. Not even a little one.
As someone who doesn't just jump on Phil every time we lose and probably comes off as a Housley defender...

Today in particular was stunningly bad on his part. How can you bench one vet to send a message, and after another vet (carryover from doing a terrible job in a prominent role for a last place team) immediately in that same game ends the night for your team 2 minutes in with a penalty that SJ scored twice on, fumbles away a 3 on 1 later, and then takes another penalty, how can you keep sticking that guy back out there on a PP unit where he's the clear weak link, clearly in over his head, and that's 1/20 in its last few games?

You can have a few bad players on your team and survive, but not if you are sticking them in prominent roles.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
I really really tried to stay positive for 10 games this season. I made it 7. I am done. Same shit year after year. Why did I ever choose to be a fan of this team. It creates Great Depression for my life all winter. f*** this.

Reactions: sabrebuild

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Thank God Botts doesn't run an airline. He'd hire a cashier to fly a plane and keep him on the job after he repeatedly crashed plane after plane like nothing was wrong.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
My favorite part is probably Bogosian (injured all the time, missed almost a full year) desperate to start a fight along side Okposo (nearly died from concussion related situation) and McCabe (missed half the year injured)

Super genius.

Reactions: SabresSharks

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
I mean...I've said this before... they're better than the tank teams, but that isn't, like, a compliment. Great. They are still *extremely bad* because they have possibly the worst offense in the league, despite not "actively," or "purposefully" tanking, I guess. What is the point of this?

Oh hey look, Bogosian out here trying to punch some random guy in the dick for no reason after the horn sounds on a 5-1 loss. That'll fix everything. They'll be good now, eh, no worries.

ffs. Dahlin, and, separately, the Amerks, appear to be actually good. Those are the only positives I can muster right now, because watching the Sabres play is a chore.

EmeraldCitySabre

Yeah, we've got uniforms and everything....
Apr 10, 2010
The Claw
This is why I only purchased the monthly NHL.TV plan, so I can cancel it if the Sabres blow, I didn't think I'd be canceling after the first month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad