GDT: Game 7: Panthers @ Avs | Tuesday, October 21st, 7pm MT | Just Win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
Because people that don't understand hockey want to put things on here that are agreable. They want people to agree with their opinions to make themselves feel better. Cliche, Stuart, Mitchell, Brett Clark. These are easy targets that this board creates so that they can all complain in unison.

Stuart is blamed for the penalty. Not Barrie's idiotic pass. But you know what, not in the dressing room. Not when they for through tape tomorrow.

That PK was terrible, but it wasn't Cliche's fault. EJ should not have been down on the ice; Talbot should have. EJ should have been up to pick up a guy back door in case Talbs doesn't block a pass. And Mitchell was supposed to fill down on a diagonal to take away the high pass on the backside while being able to block a shot after a pass on the short side. If the short side guy moves the puck across Johnson should move out on the shot, which he couldn't have done because he was on the ice.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
I just caught the end of the game, and it looks like Berra was in. Haven't seen much of him due to Varly getting all the starts, how did he play? It looks like the last goal was preventable but difficult, can't fault him too much. What about the other 3?

He's played well so far. There's a world of difference between now and the couple of games he got last season.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I really don't understand whats happening with the guys...Duchene is the only one who's playing well and he's been very snakebitten this season. Guys like O'Reilly and Landeskog are just doing nothing they both still look very disinterested. Iginla and Tanguay are at least trying but they're obviously in their mid 30s and on the decline. This team is going to go nowhere without Lando, ROR and Mack stepping it up, Duchene can't do it all himself.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
People complain about PK, but we are actually #12 in league at it. We are doing very well killing penalties. We are one of the worst PP teams though. Basically PK is the only thing working at some degree!

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
And you just lost to them. So what does that make you? :laugh:

Like I said, if you can't take it, don't dish it out...

Yeah, I admitted many times we are sucking and playing horrible. It's still first 7 games, you should take a look at last season for example and maybe years before that. Florida is bottom team.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
That is ********. We didn't want to give him 7million dollars because we don't know our management doesn't know their head from their ass.

Edit: I'm sorry for bringing him up but he was such an important part to this team and it's starting to show big time. Him gone is the reason O'Reilly isn't playing with Duchene and Mackinnon/Landeskog are slumping. Pretty obvious at this point.

I hate pretty much every decision Roy and Sakic has taken with this team. But do you really think paying Stastny 7.0M would have been a good idea? It wouldn't have been with the term Blues offered him if so.

Everyone says they would have kept Stastny over ROR now, but if we made that poll this summer, 90% of you would have said ROR. Guaranteed.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I really don't understand whats happening with the guys...Duchene is the only one who's playing well and he's been very snakebitten this season. Guys like O'Reilly and Landeskog are just doing nothing they both still look very disinterested. Iginla and Tanguay are at least trying but they're obviously in their mid 30s and on the decline. This team is going to go nowhere without Lando, ROR and Mack stepping it up, Duchene can't do it all himself.

Yah, Iginla and Tanguay are trying, but It's just not enough. Landy looks ok effort wise, but I just don't see what ROR brings to table(compared to last season). He was way better last season.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
All those jokes about "regression"? Yeah, they're not so funny anymore. It's real.

The only way we're going to win playing like this is if Varly stands on his head and stops everything.

It's not regression, they're just mentally out of it and playing like crap. Pretty much every game this year would be a candidate for the worst performance last season.

If they get back to playing like they did last season they'll be fine. They did it consistently all year last season. Their success couldn't have been a fluke with that kind of consistency.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
You know it's bad when we're getting trolled by Panthers fans and can't say much in return because they're better than us. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad