Game 7 loss to Boston vs. 8 game losing streak

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Game 7 was so much worse

I expect the worse from this team after that series. So this year just seemed business as usual.

It was like I walked in on some dude banging my wife.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
On a side note, does anyone else here feel that being a Leaf fan has made you doubt that anything good can ever happen, just in general? That something will always happen to ruin everything?

Never doubt the clouds will break my friend.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Loser mentality. This is why this fanbase can't output enough energy to motivate any set of players or coaches that ever play in front of them over the last few decades.

That's a weird statement. If a bunch of elite athletes can't motivate themselves to perform because people aren't cheering loud enough, then they really are the losers we thought they were. Toronto's lack of success has nothing to do with the fans.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
Loser mentality. This is why this fanbase can't output enough energy to motivate any set of players or coaches that ever play in front of them over the last few decades.

Damnit. We haven't been cheering hard enough guys. It's our fault for being lousy fans.

Intact

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga ON
Game 7 hurt more in the moment that's for sure that was heart break. This year hurts more in an agonizingly slow way. I can't even watch the Leafs right now to end the season, and I couldn't give 2 ***** about what this team does in the off season; pretty much done with the Leafs and this board until October. Raptors and any NHL game not involving the Leafs for me.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Game 7 hurt more in the moment that's for sure that was heart break. This year hurts more in an agonizingly slow way. I can't even watch the Leafs right now to end the season, and I couldn't give 2 ***** about what this team does in the off season; pretty much done with the Leafs and this board until October. Raptors and any NHL game not involving the Leafs for me.

Game 7 there was at least the hope for redemption. This year's sudden collapse is indicating maybe there's no redemption for this group.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Game 7,

I'd rather miss the playoffs and get a better draft pick than to make them and lose in the last 10 minutes of the first round.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
It's really pathetic that were even having this conversation. Blow a 4-1 lead in the 3rd period of game 7, and to blow what was a almost a lock of a playoff spot with an 8 game losing streak which included no loser points. Absolutely disgusted to be a fan if this team right now,

YearsintheWilderness

Jul 15, 2007
A franchise with guts, brains, and a winning tradition would have metaphorically driven heads into brick walls after two historic ****-ups in a row, as the Leafs offered up during the Game 7 collapse season and the season before that with the 18 wheeler off the cliff.

The count is now three historic **** ups in a row.

A franchise with guts, brains, and a winning tradition would be gearing up for a major shake-up.

What happens next will determine either how fundamentally ****ed the franchise is for years going forward, or how willing they are to make the tough choices.

One of fat-boy's major responses to the Game 7 collapse season was to sign quite possibly the most worthless leadership core in the NHL to long-term extensions and to make quite possibly the most worthless free agent signing in NHL history.

Anyone who has watched the Leafs over the years knows that if fat-boy is allowed to continue, his one and only goal that will over-ride everything else will be to save his own job. That equals disaster.

Let's see what happens...

:laugh:

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
At least we had a few moments of joy last season rather than a month of absolute utter disgust for our team.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Last year is what it is. By far the worst because it was all in 10 minutes.

But I thought we could pull out of that and come out stronger. We didn't even make the playoffs :help: it just makes me want to pull my hair out and scream. How do you repeat a collapse let alone 3 in a row :facepalm:
Well I guess they did vary how they did it.
First time, a month of suckage ruined a playoff spot. Second time, 10 minutes in game 7 :rant: Third time, 8 straight games of the same bs screw ourselves out of a playoff spot.

Wonder what's next, maybe we just tank from the start of the year, look like we're getting mcdavid, and then go on a win streak in the last month and pick out of top 10 :(

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Game 7 was an overly-dramatic, yet fitting end for the Leafs that season. We could build off that and move on to better things. 10 bad minutes isn't hard to fix. We could shake that off.

Instead of doing that, this year they destroyed themselves with half-assed efforts and utter incompetance from all levels of the organizations. You can't just shake your head and recover from that. IF we do things right, we're in for big changes and a long adjustment period. To me, that makes this season far worse.

this season rock

Mar 21, 2014
The 8 games slide this year hurts more, because last year game 7 collapse was supposed to be a lesson learned.

ForSpareParts*

Game 7 was nothing.

This drawn out debacle is the worst I've seen in many year as a leaf fan. At least the game 7 drama ended in 1 period. This collapse is still going. Brutal.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
A franchise with guts, brains, and a winning tradition would have metaphorically driven heads into brick walls after two historic ****-ups in a row, as the Leafs offered up during the Game 7 collapse season and the season before that with the 18 wheeler off the cliff.

The count is now three historic **** ups in a row.

A franchise with guts, brains, and a winning tradition would be gearing up for a major shake-up.

What happens next will determine either how fundamentally ****ed the franchise is for years going forward, or how willing they are to make the tough choices.

One of fat-boy's major responses to the Game 7 collapse season was to sign quite possibly the most worthless leadership core in the NHL to long-term extensions and to make quite possibly the most worthless free agent signing in NHL history.

Anyone who has watched the Leafs over the years knows that if fat-boy is allowed to continue, his one and only goal that will over-ride everything else will be to save his own job. That equals disaster.

Let's see what happens...

:laugh:

Fat boy really? He may have fuc*ed this team over, with moves that were seen as an upgrade by almost everyone at the time they happened.... but really fatboy? :shakehead

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
This 8 game losing streak.

The game 7 collapse was to the team that went to the SCF, and had won a cup two years ago. It made for a silver lining in what was a pretty ****ty end to a game.

This 8 game losing streak was (or appears to be) some of our best players (Lupul and Phaneuf) just not caring.The thing that makes it worse is that they will likely be back with the team next year, when they really shouldn't be. They're supposed to be this teams leaders, put the team on their backs when we're in the playoff run, and they didn't do that. Heck for most of the stretch they were both getting 2nd-3rd line minutes.

That's why I want to see Phaneuf traded for another underperforming player (like Mike Richards) and Lupul traded for picks/prospects. Shed some salary, shaekup the core, get some new leaders, and let the players that obviously give a **** like Gardiner, Rielly, Bernier, Kessel carry this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad