Game 7 loss to Boston vs. 8 game losing streak

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This year hurts more because after last year we were still a young playoff team that came close to pulling off something special. After this year it may be quite some time until we reach those 2013 "heights" again. These players are terrible and they don't even know it. It's scary.

Last year it was like we could look forward to growing up with this core. Now that doesn't seem likely and it's hard to tell if management will have the ability to make the right decisions. The future is bleak.

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011
Game 7 I felt a pain comparable to breaking up with a girlfriend despite your best efforts

This collapse is due to a lack of effort from our team and is a complete joke

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Game 7. I was in a state of shock for a week. This recent cluster**** is just same old same old.

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011
Game 7 by far. The Leafs actually played some great, inspired hockey that series only to have it collapse. This year, the team stunk during 70% of the games and the losing streak was not that surprising.

Doug Gilmour

Oct 5, 2010
Game 7 was Boston having their way with us, painful but quick. This year had nothing to do with Boston or a certain team, it was a collective effort by the Leafs. They beat themselves this year and that is more demoralizing and humiliating.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Game 7 every time it comes up in one of these polls

You'll never see a collapse like that again in your life

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
Game 7 by far. It was a such a sudden switch of emotions, from unbelieving that they were going to pull off that kind of upset and so happy with the way they were playing, to the realization that they had blown it in such an epic, embarrassing way.

Losing over a stretch like this year, the acceptance comes gradually and the collapse was very much foreshadowed by the way they had been playing for most of the year.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
So a pineapple up your behind or a swift, hard kick to the groin, which is worse? That's a tough one.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
I just felt that dull, festering, irritated "ugghh" that accompanies the end of every Leafs' season for both.

leafstilldeath*

Game 7 hurt

Losing 8 games in a row doesn't hurt it just make me ANGRY

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
People actually picked this season? This won't hurt until the summer when Nonis trades Rielly our 1st this year and next, and Bernier for Eric Staal and Cam ward

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Enough with these threads. We already had one last week. I think it's time to move on. I'm sure the team isn't sitting there sulking over this season, I don't know why the fans should.

Loser mentality. This is why this fanbase can't output enough energy to motivate any set of players or coaches that ever play in front of them over the last few decades.

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
Loser mentality. This is why this fanbase can't output enough energy to motivate any set of players or coaches that ever play in front of them over the last few decades.

This actually applies to Canadians in general.

We don't like this and it has to stop. Oh look, a butterfly.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
At least with the game 7 loss, I thought this was a team to look forward to, something to be built on. I mean, we took the frigging Bruins to game 7, when every damn person was saying we'd be out in 4 or 5.

This year, however, has hit me with the reality that this team will not do anything special for a long damn time and I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs next year. Game 7 hurt more but its span was more acute, this will sting for awhile because this team has now got a very long way to go before their a good team; and I didn't think that way after game 7. This year is worse imo.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Game 7, easily. That was just devastating.

This collapse has been bad, but more frustrating and discouraging than devastating.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
On a side note, does anyone else here feel that being a Leaf fan has made you doubt that anything good can ever happen, just in general? That something will always happen to ruin everything?

Teeder9

Free rent for Mo?
Oct 14, 2011
Ontario
On a side note, does anyone else here feel that being a Leaf fan has made you doubt that anything good can ever happen, just in general? That something will always happen to ruin everything?

I make all my good decisions based on how bad it will turn out. Go Leafs

Steven1562

May 13, 2013
Game 7 hurts more ... we had that game we just let it slip away ... 8 game losing streak is up there I can't believe we lost 8 straight without picking up a point even if we won 2 or 3 and lost a couple in OT were probably in the playoffs :shakehead

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I make all my good decisions based on how bad it will turn out. Go Leafs

The pain will make the victory sweeter, my fellow leaf fans.

Or the pain will make living the rest of our lives just a little more unbearable. :sarcasm: :laugh:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'd say this one. Mostly since while the Game 7 disaster hurt a lot, at least you could feel like they had the potential to be better. This just feels like the return to the status quo of terrible we've suffered through for years.

One thing to lose a series you could have won, another to watch them fall just because and wonder if they will ever get it figured out.

lovecat

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto,ON
They were both painful in different ways.
This losing streak hurt because I got a taste of the playoffs last year, which I had desperately missed! i foolishly started to look forward to them again.
Now there are only questions and bleakness about the team's future, whereas last year the shock dulled the pain a bit(at first anyway) But after some reflection we at least could say our Leafs took the Bruins to game 7 when they came in as total underdogs.
This year we can say nothing positive.
We love pain and obviously are masochists who follow this team:nod:

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Lots of good in this world, appreciate the little things around you as often as you can. The fortunes of a sports team have nothing to do with how you live your life.

Hope it turns around for you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad