Game 7 loss to Boston vs. 8 game losing streak

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
In 2013, we made the playoffs and were 10 minutes from advancing to the 2nd round. That hurts worse than missing the playoffs this season IMHO.

TML FTW*

This year hurt more. Last year I didn't think we'd make it to game 7 so my expectations were low. This year my expectations were definitely higher.

Also even though game 7 sucked, at least the choke came quickly. This year was more dragged out pain.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Game 7 easily.

This year after we lost about 4 games in a row I had a feeling it was going to continue and kept my expectations low. By the time we lost 6 in a row I lost faith and joined tank nation.

mstew

Mar 2, 2011
Canada
This year was worse because it was a slow and painful death. Last year also sucked because it was like getting your heart ripped out, this one was more like a stab wound dieing slowly.

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
Game 7 broke me literally. This lossing streak is nothing compared to the pain I felt when we lost in overtime.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
A little surprised about people's responses.

For me, it's this collapse and it's not even close.

Game 7 was horrendous, but it was a dagger through the heart. Painful but quick.

This on the other hand, has been like watching your house burn down REALLY slowly and not being able to do a damn thing about it - you know that the end result is going to be a flaming pile of useless ash, you just don't know when it's going to stop burning and when that end will come. But it will come.

I'd also preface the game 7 collapse with suggestions that there was lots of things for us to be positive about - young team pushed the Bruins to 7 games, worked hard, played hard, and despite having our hearts broken we were going to learn from that experience and come back stronger.

This on the other hand? There's very little hope for the future (or at least that's the way it feels right now).

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
This year.

Game after game they can't pull themselves together. They don't even resemble a team. You can't just ignore the fact they got outworked tenfold by a team that was eliminated already and they had to win the game. There is something wrong within the team or lack there of.

Center Ice Scrum*

Aug 20, 2010
The World Wide Web
Enough with these threads. We already had one last week. I think it's time to move on. I'm sure the team isn't sitting there sulking over this season, I don't know why the fans should.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
Game 7 for me not close.

I took a cricket bat into my garage and proceeded in destroying everything. Once the smoke cleared I sat down closed the garage door and sobbed for 10minutes. That was more painful than a bad breakup tbh. Never want to experience that again.

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
It took me WEEKS to get over game 7 collapse... It was terrible, dont think i slept that entire night. Even watching highlights from that game is still painful. This year it was more dragged out so the pain wasnt so abrupt.... It gave time for me to realize that we weren't a playoff team. That game 7 when the leafs took the 4-1 lead, for a little while I believed that it could be our year, that we would go on a cinderella run and compete for the cup with boston out of the picture... and then the unthinkable happened. Truly historic!

Kyle Doobas*

There was a silver lining to last year's game seven collapse, or at least it seemed so at the time. My expectations were also never that high to begin with. Mostly it was just fun to be a part of the playoffs again, as horrifically as they ended for us.

This year.... unless there's a complete overhaul in the Summer, doesn't seem to have the same upside. I can't even stand watching half of these players, but I have to imagine at least some of them will still be here come October. It's to the point now that I'm questioning whether or not I'm even going to follow the Leafs that closely next year. I've never been that way before in two decades. At least getting punched in the stomach is still better than feeling borderline numb.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

didn't we already do this poll

for me it's this year for sure. it was supposed to be the year we got better. watching the losing streak and seeing our POs slip away was like some nightmare i couldn't wake up from

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
A little surprised about people's responses.

For me, it's this collapse and it's not even close.

Game 7 was horrendous, but it was a dagger through the heart. Painful but quick.

This on the other hand, has been like watching your house burn down REALLY slowly and not being able to do a damn thing about it - you know that the end result is going to be a flaming pile of useless ash, you just don't know when it's going to stop burning and when that end will come. But it will come.

I'd also preface the game 7 collapse with suggestions that there was lots of things for us to be positive about - young team pushed the Bruins to 7 games, worked hard, played hard, and despite having our hearts broken we were going to learn from that experience and come back stronger.

This on the other hand? There's very little hope for the future (or at least that's the way it feels right now).

agreed.
and what makes it worse - you see the fire birgade trying to put the fire out, but they're literally walking with the water buckets and casually tossing the water on the fire, and you scream "WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING HARDER?!" and they go "we're on it. we're good, everything is going to be fine." until the house burns down and some go "oh well, crap." and the fire chief goes "but we're still good."

bursilym

Jan 9, 2014
For me, it was actually this year. Last year, I expected to get sweeped. It was a pleasant surprised we made it to game 7, even though we lost. This year I had high expectations though. Thought we could get to 2nd round after finishing 4th-5th an facing an easier team than Boston. But, two weeks of losing...

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I expected us to blow game 7. When Kadri scored to make it 4-1, I was still scared, a nervous wreck. When Horton scored to make it 4-2, I was 99% sure we were gonna blow it. And when Frattin missed that breakaway late that would've made it 5-2, I knew 100% we were going to blow it for sure. I would've been surprised and stunned in the happiest way possible if we didn't blow it at that point.

This year? Slow, painful, torturous death. I expected us to slip down into the wildcard and it to come down to the very last days for us to clinch, but even I didn't expect us to lose 8 in a row. It hurt the most.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
18 wheeler off a cliff vs 18 wheeler off the cliff in slow motion.

bursilym

Jan 9, 2014
I expected us to blow game 7. When Kadri scored to make it 4-1, I was still scared, a nervous wreck. When Horton scored to make it 4-2, I was 99% sure we were gonna blow it. And when Frattin missed that breakaway late that would've made it 5-2, I knew 100% we were going to blow it for sure. I would've been surprised and stunned in the happiest way possible if we didn't blow it at that point.

This year? Slow, painful, torturous death. I expected us to slip down into the wildcard and it to come down to the very last days for us to clinch, but even I didn't expect us to lose 8 in a row. It hurt the most.

This 100%. I never expecte to beat Boston. Even when we were up 4-1, I wasn't too comfortable and could potentially see the bruins come back. It might seem like a huge chokejob, but boston is just a much better team. this year definitely was a chokejob though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad