Game 7 loss to Boston vs. 8 game losing streak

MakeTheIronSing

Oct 13, 2011
Edmonton
Game 7 by far. The Leafs actually played some great, inspired hockey that series only to have it collapse. This year, the team stunk during 70% of the games and the losing streak was not that surprising.

Good post.

Although there's a part of me that is less disappointed from the game 7 collapse because they played their hearts out.

This hurts more because I invested my passion in a passionless team. The feeling was not reciprocal so I feel robbed.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
agreed.
and what makes it worse - you see the fire birgade trying to put the fire out, but they're literally walking with the water buckets and casually tossing the water on the fire, and you scream "WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING HARDER?!" and they go "we're on it. we're good, everything is going to be fine." until the house burns down and some go "oh well, crap." and the fire chief goes "but we're still good."

LOL! Perfect

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I was speechless after game 7, in shock.
I never expected them to beat the Bruins, and here they were, minutes away.

This year, lots of sign pointed to a downhill spiral, but just a few weeks ago I would have bet money we'd make the playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
This is really heartbreaking. You'd think these guys would be even hungrier this year. Would play much better in order to get in to the playoffs and make amends for that collapse in game 7. The way they played this season is very perplexing. The game 7 collapse was for nothing. I thought they would be flying this season, wrecking everything in their path.

Defense

Oct 27, 2009
8 game losing streak because the Leafs were sitting comfortably in a playoff position beforehand. Playoffs is better than no playoffs at all and I was proud the Leafs forced a game 7 against Boston.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Game 7 happened quickly and I we actually made the playoffs. This skid was a slow and painful. So The 2014 skid is my choice.

Game 7 was 10 minutes of torture, and this years epic collapse was a long drawn our slow torture.

Long-term pain >> Short-term pain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad