GDT: Game #7: LEAFS vs. KINGS | Mon, Oct 15 @ 7:30 PM EST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Hes in my dog house too! He better get going, we know hes the roy of the ahl, but he hasn’t shown me anything in the nhl lc. A shutout against the loloilers 3 years ago ain’t cutting it.
I agree Mikey.

He hasn't had the best showings so far. Let's hope he starts to turn it around tonight.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
You literally cant even point at anything NHL related to say he can hang here, because hes never shown to be good in the nhl idk what you’re hoping for.

How about instead of whining incessantly, you wait and give him more than 18 games to prove himself? 17 of those games were on the 2015-2016 Matthews tank squad to boot.

Reactions: stickty111

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You literally cant even point at anything NHL related to say he can hang here, because hes never shown to be good in the nhl idk what you’re hoping for.
He's 25 years old and has 18 NHL games played, and only 1 played over the age of 23. There's nothing to point to, good or bad. There's no NHL track record. Why can't we wait until this season unfolds before labelling him a terrible goalie?

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
How about instead of whining incessantly, you wait and give him more than 18 games to prove himself? 17 of those games were on the 2015-2016 Matthews tank squad to boot.
Well considering hes reaffirming to me with every passing game that he cant hang, and hes never shown me any actual promise in the nhl, seems pretty obvious as to why im drawing this conclusion. He has never done anything meaningful in the nhl. Wow you beat the ‘16 oilers and cried about it, big f***ing deal. He should have cried after that showing in Chicago, god knows I was.

Reactions: 2 Slick and wmark

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
He's 25 years old and has 18 NHL games played, and only 1 played over the age of 23. There's nothing to point to, good or bad. There's no NHL track record. Why can't we wait until this season unfolds before labelling him a terrible goalie?
Because I personally dont think he’ll make it to 2019 anyways. If we dumped enroth after 5, I cant see sharts getting more than 8 cracks tbh.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I hope Sparks doesn't **** this up. McElhinney is playing well in Carolina and, in reality, won the job as back up.

It was given to Sparks because of his perceived potential. Let's hope he reaches that potential.
Potential? This video is NOT in reverse.

nWoG0X0.gif

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Good decision to give Freddy a break by Babcock. He got a bit overworked last year and it showed when the playoffs came around. I'm concerned about Sparks but won't write him off just yet. Need to see more, wish the best to him today.

Reactions: Alerion

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Because I personally dont think he’ll make it to 2019 anyways. If we dumped enroth after 5, I cant see sharts getting more than 8 cracks tbh.
When he gets comfortable and starts putting up decent numbers, you'll be nowhere to be found on this board :laugh:

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
When he gets comfortable and starts putting up decent numbers, you'll be nowhere to be found on this board :laugh:
Keep telling yourself that. Ive had bigger battles during the grabovski days that would make you shudder. Much before your time though, you werent here for the nazy controversy days either. Grabo vs kadri was one of the best debates we ever had on hf leafs, thats when tws was still kicking around here too.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This is it basically for Sparks. It's still Toronto at the end of the day and Babs is known for having no time for young players who don't take the spots when he gives them a chance to. He is also well known to be picky with his goalies.

If he comes out and is just terrible again and let's in another 5+, Babs will refuse to play him and the media will attack him without mercy. For a guy who already seems to run off of confidence, Toronto as a market will not work for him.

If he comes out and shuts up the haters then he might be ok but this is a big night for him. I have no faith and expect him to be the cause of several goals that Freddy would of stopped (or even McBackup)

Reactions: CanadasTeam

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Keep telling yourself that. Ive had bigger battles during the grabovski days that would make you shudder. Much before your time though, you werent here for the nazy controversy days either. Grabo vs kadri was one of the best debates we ever had on hf leafs, thats when tws was still kicking around here too.
Cool bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad