GDT: Game #7: LEAFS vs. KINGS | Mon, Oct 15 @ 7:30 PM EST | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I vividly remember a few times in those hellish Burke years where I saw Phaneuf block 3 slap shots in a row, and then can barely get up skating back to the bench.

He played with heart for the team, and the atrocities committed by Burke weren’t his fault.

I HATE that leaf fans boo him now. I hate it so much.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
If that was any of the big 5 forwards we would be singing praise for them. He made a good play. It's alright to give him props. Had he done what he usually does chip it and grind along the boards we never see the goal). Hyman deserves credit on that imo
praise for losing the puck , why ?

great breakout pass and Hyman skates right at the defense and loses the puck , JT was smart enough to know Hyman would do nothing with the puck but lose it so he was in position to gather the loose puck and feed a tap in to MM who busted his ass from our end to get into the play

and you give credit to Hymcock , lol

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I vividly remember a few times in those hellish Burke years where I saw Phaneuf block 3 slap shots in a row, and then can barely get up skating back to the bench.

He played with heart for the team, and the atrocities committed by aburke weren’t his fault.

I hated Dion Phenuef as a player but he was a good man. I agree, the booings are uncalled for

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

He played with heart for the team, and the atrocities committed by Burke weren’t his fault.

Yea I can't sleep at night thinking about it

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Easy play we made it hard. We had the puck on our stick
Oz has to be better there

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Honestly.... they get 20 seconds of sustained pressure and get a power play. We need to be murdered to get a call.

Reactions: Zizzzzy

NightTrain1

Oct 20, 2013
Well others already stating this, but yeah, the booing on Phaneuf just boggles my mind,

That guy took all the crap in the world and captained the hardest team to be a leader of with dignity and respect. He played his ass off for the Leafs and fans and never complained. I can only imagine those booing are fairweather fans.

Reactions: marty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad