GDT: Game #7: Leafs @ Flames | Win it for the Chief! | 4pm est on SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
All Leaf games have been close with most 1 goal differentials in the outcome, excluding empty net goals to secure the wins at the very end.

This Northern Div is playing out closer than early expectations at this point .. Splitting with Ottawa and Edmonton now sets us up for a back to back with Calgary.

Hopefully we can win both games as these split series really feels more like break-even and keeping the standings bunched close together.

Leafs vs Flames games today and Tuesday followed by Montreal vs Flames Thurs and Sat results of these 4 games could have a new Div leader at the top of Div if the results fall our way. :)

HellsBells79

Sep 14, 2018
Flames fan here, very much looking forward to this matchup today. These are the two best teams in the division IMO. Hoping Matthews plays so we can all see both teams with their top guys playing.

Dube is likely out for the Flames so their lines will start something like this.

Tkachuk-Lindholm-Mangiapane
Gaudreau-Monahan-Simon
Bennett-Backlund-Leivo
Lucic-Ryan-Nordstrom

Reactions: Paradoc

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I expect a playoff type game, be interesting to see if the Leafs are any better at in your face hockey now as opposed to last year?

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Just guessing at the leafs lines here, tho the flames lines seem set.

With GameScore Wins Added from theathletic.com:

Screenshot_20210123-154654_Sheets.jpg

Reactions: Morgs

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I mean if you really wanted to watch it a football game you could. After 1 play, there is 4 minutes of replays and 6 minutes of commercial, flip back to the Leafs game and see half a period then swap back over for the next 30 seconds of gameplay before it repeats.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I mean if you really wanted to watch it a football game you could. After 1 play, there is 4 minutes of replays and 6 minutes of commercial, flip back to the Leafs game and see half a period then swap back over for the next 30 seconds of gameplay before it repeats.
You don’t understand football do you?

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Everytime I try to and watch it puts me to sleep.
You need to learn the game and understand the strategy to enjoy it otherwise you'll think it's a game of men running into each other with many stoppages and commercials, which it isn't.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
They're talking about how the Leafs are looking to make a move for a forward, especially with the injuries. Realize with this shortened season, you can't play around but can't see why the Leafs should need to. But perhaps this is just a fan who hasn't seen enough of players like Barabanov to say whether he should be given more ice-time. I'd have no problem putting Sandin or Lehtonen in and moving Rielly up on the wing even.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
That's not realistic. This is the NHL, each team has some of the best players in the world, and no teams go 82-0 or 0-82. It would be nice if this fanbase could avoid the edge of the cliff anytime there's and off night for a player/team.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but I did not interpret what he said that way. I think giving a consistent effort with purpose every game is what the best teams do. Doesn’t mean we expect the team to go 82-0 or that they don’t make mistakes, but when the talent is there and you see lazy plays at times it’s annoying. So far this year they’ve looked way better with their efforts, even the games they’ve lost. I think we just want to see them play consistent and with a stronger will to win, even if they have nights they can’t pull it off and I think that is fair to expect. Eg. David Ayres game of last year, should not be acceptable this season.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
They're talking about how the Leafs are looking to make a move for a forward, especially with the injuries. Realize with this shortened season, you can't play around but can't see why the Leafs should need to. But perhaps this is just a fan who hasn't seen enough of players like Barabanov to say whether he should be given more ice-time. I'd have no problem putting Sandin or Lehtonen in and moving Rielly up on the wing even.
Perry will have to clear waivers in a few weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad