Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Leafs Lines: (from their previous game)

Capture.png

Flames Lines: (from their previous game)

Game Notes:

- Auston Matthews is a possibility to return. He missed last night's game with what Keefe described as being banged up. Sheldon Keefe didn't seem concerned it would be more than one game.

- Frederik Andersen is a career 8-2-2 against the Calgary Flames, with a .918 sv% and a 2.44 GAA.

- Jacob Markstron is a career 2-4-1 against the Maple Leafs, with a .904 sv% and a 2.79 GAA.

- The Calgary Flames have played just 3 games thus far in the season, with a 2-0-1 record. They have a +5 goal differential in those 3 games, scoring 11 goals, and allowing 6.

- The Maple Leafs have started with a 4-2-0 record themselves. They boast a +2 goal differential, with 17 goals against, and 19 goals for.

- The Maple Leafs are currently averaging 2.8 goals against per game, which sits 3rd in the division, behind the Calgary Flames (2.0 goals against per game), and Winnipeg Jets (2.5 goals against per game)

- The Maple Leafs are currently averaging 3.16 goals for per game, which sits 4th in the division, behind the Calgary Flames (3.67 goals for per game), Winnipeg Jets (3.25 goals for per game), and the Montreal Canadiens (4.8 goals for per game)

- The Calgary Flames weak point thus far into the season has been their third line, featuring Backlund, Bennett, and Mangiapane. They have a combined 1 point at even strength, and a combined -7 goal differential at even strength.

- Both teams currently sit in the top 10 among powerplay units thus far. The Leafs sitting in 2nd, with a 44.4% success percentage, while Calgary currently sits T-6th, with a 37.5% success rate.

- In terms of penalty kill, Calgary currently sits 5th, with a 91.7% success rate on the PK, while the Leafs sit 14th, with a 81.8% success rate on the PK.

Reactions: supermann_98

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hopefully Matthew's isn't too banged up and he'll be back in the lineup.

This will probably be the Leafs biggest challenge all season. We'll get to see how they lineup against each other finally. Looking forward to this one.

Get the W Leafers. Itd be a great way to start off this out west swing.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
The time of this game is bad because I'd like to see the Bills game as well. They should have had a 4 pm local time which would be 6 pm our time and it wouldn't conflict with the NFL playoffs. 4 pm isn't inconvenient for Calgary fans, is it?

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Very interested to see what will be the matthews situation? We need that sucka hard. He really out there like that twilight zone series was.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Calgary seems to match up well with us on paper. Will be a challenge. Especially if Matthews is still out . Markstrom is a huge add.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
The time of this game is bad because I'd like to see the Bills game as well. They should have had a 4 pm local time which would be 6 pm our time and it wouldn't conflict with the NFL playoffs. 4 pm isn't inconvenient for Calgary fans, is it?

The Bills game is at 6:40 ET?

Wouldn't that make 4pm ET more likely not to overlap than a 6:00 ET start?

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Twilight yo? You watched that teenage girl drama show?

I think he's talking about that Twilighty show about that Zone.

As for the game, I feel like former Leafs always torch us when they play their first game against us (Mike Kostka, anyone?) - Here's to Brodie scoring a big one for the blue and white tonight going +4

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Calgary hasn't played since Monday.. While they'll be rested, I'm hoping the break in game action will cause them to be a bit off the mark today.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I went to one of the clunkers last year where Calgary stomped us and our entire team played like PLD on his last shift in columbus.

Hopefully taking Brodie off their hands changes our fortune a bit playing them, and hopefully Matthews is playing because he's just so much fun to watch and I'm waiting for him to break out with some bar-down snipes

Reactions: glue and Superstar

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
If Matthews is only slightly dinged dress him instead of Brooks and just play PP/6-8 minutes

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

If you live in BC like me the game is at 1 PM PST, so its not a Bills but rather the early NFL game Aaron Rogers vs Tom Brady and GB vs TB that I have my sports watching conflict overlap.

I'm going to watch Leafs and BUF/KC live and sneak the other NFL game tape delayed between the 2.

I agree bad scheduling by NHL to book our Leafs on football Sunday, as we could have played this game tomorrow instead. :)

Reactions: ToneDog

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Unless they started at 12pm EST or 9pm EST it would have crossover with the NFL playoffs.

My solution will be 2 TVs

Reactions: ToneDog

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I notice a big pace difference in the games now. I am watching lots of different teams. The passes are better, the quickness is up to speed too. Calgary was sitting and we need to be on it early and often to try taking advantage of their long time off.
It’s a litmus test to see if these guys really fathom they might have a leg up in the first period. If Calgary is not weathering a storm of leafs in the first I’ll be left scratching my head as to why not.
We have a advantage early. Hopefully we can get a couple goals early

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Calgary is easily the best team we will be playing this season. I think we will need to come out strong.

Anyone know if Matthews will be playing?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary hasn't played since Monday.. While they'll be rested, I'm hoping the break in game action will cause them to be a bit off the mark today.

There’s only one division to play against. How has Calgary barely played while we’re playing multiple times a week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad