GDT: Game 7: Finland Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | FIN 8 - 1 SVK

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Räty's brothers getting well deserved praise on the studio. The whole line is excellent and they are so smart, know when to defend, when to attack.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
I just want some people to come to terms how bad this Slovak team is. Just can't help myself. Nothing against the country or Slovak people but the collective arrogance yesterday really did me in. All the "are you saying this team wouldn't have a chance against Germany" stuff. No, they absolutely freaking wouldn't. And the theories how "it was just a bad game and it has no correlation to upcoming games". I just have a really hard time getting over it.

Can you show me the post which claimed "it was just a bad game and it has no correlation to upcoming games"? I don't recall seeing that.

Also, I still don't know why this team wouldn't have a chance against Germany. As I said yesterday, Germany would be the clear favorite against both Slovakia and Kazakhstan, but still, I don't think it would be a walkover. Like.. you realize we are playing against Finland, right? And Germany also lost to them 6:1 in the pre-tournament game. There was one poster who claimed Germany-Slovakia or Germany-Switzerland relegation series would be interesting, although Germany would most probably win. That is virtually everything the post said. And since then, you are acting like almost every Slovak fan is living in denial. Furthermore, there was one guy who said relegation definitely won't happen in the upcoming years and as I said before, I disagree, we can easily get relegated next year. So I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by the "collective arrogance".

Reactions: stastny12

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
how good is the finnish kid whos suppose to go #1 in 2021 compared to say byfield,hughes,laf, and kakko?

Whodoyouthinkyousee

Dec 27, 2015
Everybody is saying that Räty- Räty - Ranta line is so good and still everyone wants to put Macceli with Räty brother and it is even 'obvious move to make' to you. Thats just funny. Ranta has played extremely well also, why broke that line up now? Maybe do that if things don't work?

It's also making me angry how everybody is on the 'I hate Helminen'- train now. Finland has not even been that bad. Maybe he was not the best choice to lead the team, but some of you find a way to dish him now no matter how the team plays. If things go south, sure then give the feedback.

Sure, Finland does have some problems in their play and players, but it is nothing major. I think our national teams have earned some slag with their recent years showings, no matter the roster.

Reactions: Itkonen

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
Maccelli has been bad today, lots of bad penalties.

Too early for me to compare since i haven't seen much of him yet, but he is very good.
I’ve seen him play in the mens elite league and can confirm, he’s indeed very good. Not too flashy but very skilled, reliable and plays a good two-way game.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Everybody is saying that Räty- Räty - Ranta line is so good and still everyone wants to put Macceli with Räty brother and it is even 'obvious move to make' to you. Thats just funny. Ranta has played extremely well also, why broke that line up now? Maybe do that if things don't work?

It's also making me angry how everybody is on the 'I hate Helminen'- train now. Finland has not even been that bad. Maybe he was not the best choice to lead the team, but some of you find a way to dish him now no matter how the team plays. If things go south, sure then give the feedback.

Sure, Finland does have some problems in their play and players, but it is nothing major. I think our national teams have earned some slag with their recent years showings, no matter the roster.
Well the one thing Finland has done is giving up tons and tons of odd man rushes. No good team that is coached well manages doing that consistently. There's no real good things to rave about so far in the tournament. " not even that bad" is not a good enough defense for what Helminen's young Lions have shown us

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland

Coaching is still the problem, I don't think this system works against top countries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad