GDT: Game 7: Finland Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | FIN 8 - 1 SVK

Whodoyouthinkyousee

Dec 27, 2015
Yeah, i'm not saying they have played extremely well as a team either. But they have not been that bad. Sure, too many odd man rushes, but there is time to change that, tournament is still so young. I just fear that our defence is not that good overall, so these mistakes will keep on happening, but hopefully they don't cost too much.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Cmon. I can see arrogance only in your posts... all the time you comment slovakian team.
Fight fire with fire. I understand what I say hurts your feelings and I was pretty harsh but: All I have said is that this Slovak team is really bad, which is pretty well established by now and that many Slovaks seem to not acknowledge that which is also a fact, which some not-so-stuck-up people like Mr. kudla were kind enough to admit. So yes, I didn't cotton-ball anything but that's just because I see no reason to.

Can you show me the post which claimed "it was just a bad game and it has no correlation to upcoming games"? I don't recall seeing that.

Also, I still don't know why this team wouldn't have a chance against Germany. As I said yesterday, Germany would be the clear favorite against both Slovakia and Kazakhstan, but still, I don't think it would be a walkover. Like.. you realize we are playing against Finland, right? And Germany also lost to them 6:1 in the pre-tournament game. There was one poster who claimed Germany-Slovakia or Germany-Switzerland relegation series would be interesting, although Germany would most probably win. That is virtually everything the post said. And since then, you are acting like almost every Slovak fan is living in denial. Furthermore, there was one guy who said relegation definitely won't happen in the upcoming years and as I said before, I disagree, we can easily get relegated next year. So I'm not sure what exactly do you mean by the "collective arrogance".

The post was I referring to:

Alright, I was implying something completely else. A team's past performance is just a past performance. It may have no impact on a future game against a different opponent, let alone on a hypothetical game.

Germany lost to Finland 6-1 without Seider (maybe Bokk as well?) who eats 30 minutes for them. So pre-tournament games aren't really the same. I think anyone who has seen either of German games see these teams aren't even close. Considering relegation round in WJC isn't even a single game you can luck out in but a best-out-of-3 series I would give Slovakia 15% chance, at best, like I said yesterday. The poster you mentioned didn't say "Germany would most probably win", not at all. It's the same poster I just quoted who says performance against Kazakhstan was largely irrelevant. He never, in none of his following posts wrote anything about Germans being heavy favorites.

So yes, I understand you are a reasonable person and shouldn't have to read all this but there quite a few who think you and I are wrong.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Interesting, feels like Finland just didn't need to try very hard. This felt like one of those games where you're so overpowering you can afford to show off and attempt fancy stuff and to just have fun.

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Fight fire with fire. I understand what I say hurts your feelings and I was pretty harsh but: All I have said is that this Slovak team is really bad, which is pretty well established by now and that many Slovaks seem to not acknowledge that which is also a fact, which some not-so-stuck-up people like Mr. kudla were kind enough to admit. So yes, I didn't cotton-ball anything but that's just because I see no reason to.
I still cannot see anything you have brought into this discussion what we already did not know. I am truly wondering how you acknowledged us since you are comparing apples to oranges. I am strongly persuaded that we wont go down down anytime soon since this is objectively our worst team in years and we already "survived". Even have a solid chance to finish in 3rd position. As I previously mentioned, competition is not wide and I can hardly see teams that will replace us. And yes, Germany has an exceptional generation of players. Altough, they already had generation around Draisaitl, Kahun or Rieder and we smashed them 9-2 and we had 17yo Reway and Dano at that time. Otherwise, the team was not anything special... and Belarus firstly need to go up to beat us. Until then it is irrelevant since Austria has promotion. Have a nice day!

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Fresh and fast paced hockey from well-skating, surprisingly skilled and confident youngster Lions. Turnovers may be an issue later on - or then not. Let the boys play and enjoy the flow now. Tactics and systems are artifacts which won't fly on their own but need energy and confidence under their paper wings when most needed and that is what we are getting here.

I get nice vibes from this relaxed, energetic bunch of players. Let's see how far that will take them. Margins are small and mental side as well as energy levels are even more crucial than formal systems which are something secondary in the final analysis (not from a systematic view point, of course, but from the point of individual and collective motivation, endurance, cohesion, will, flow etc.).

It is always a good sign if you want to go to the nearest outdoor rink to play some pipo laetkae after watching a game of hockey and I think I might go now. And case Honka - his moves and dekes might be over-confident, risky and silly if often also amusing and entertaining; at least he has the swag and if kept in check - "limits & love" - might have a positive overall contribution to the performance of the team. Anyways, the boys' showing today was simply refreshing, inspiring and up-lifting. I end my transmission, go and pick my blades and stick and get the hell outta here.

Last edited:

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Interesting, feels like Finland just didn't need to try very hard. This felt like one of those games where you're so overpowering you can afford to show off and attempt fancy stuff and to just have fun.
Slovak didnt need to try hard either. Theyre already in the quarters due to their win vs kza.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad