HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Dillon's hand:

1000005724.jpg

1000005725.jpg

It looks deep. Skate must have cut it. Hopefully, he's ok, but I can't imagine him playing in this series again. There's no way he's going to be able to grip his stick.

A close up: ugh. That's not stitches. That's probably surgery.

1000005726.jpg

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
lol did he just call Warren Foegele Warren Poogle

Dillon's hand:

View attachment 860361

View attachment 860362

It looks deep. Skate must have cut it. Hopefully, he's ok, but I can't imagine him playing in this series again. There's no way he's going to be able to grip his stick.

A close up: ugh. That's not stitches. That's probably surgery.

View attachment 860368
Crazy how the ref had to tell him "hey man, you're cut, you gotta get off!" Adrenaline is a hell of a drug.

I remember one time in high school during a rugby scrum, we all noticed we had significant blood stains on our clothes, but we never figured out the source of the blood. They were convinced it was me but I checked my entire body after gym class and I had no cuts or abrasions.

99% sure someone had a pimple on their back that popped and was too embarrassed to admit it.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I wouldn't put Dubois in the big guns category. He's a middle 6 player at this point, that's all.
Kings got fleeced badly.

All of Kings big guns are absolute dog shit. Kopitar, Kempe, Dubois and Doughty.
Kopitar and Doughty are far from being dog crap. They are two time cup winners and are sure fire hall of famers. Much respect

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Kings got fleeced badly.
Maybe on the first few seasons, but salaries will go up and by the time this contract is within expiration range, it wouldn't surprise me if the salary given is near the average for a middle 6 who can play center. Also I expect Dubois to be able to perform at least like Huberdeau, so he's got issues with his new club.

Huberdeau had all sorts of problems as well, until they put Sharangovich and/or Kuzmenko with him. His next season will be much better I think.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Maybe this will be the year we stop being forced to read about how much of a calamity it was the Habs didn’t overpay to keep Few Points Danault.
Danault would've been a great 3C, but by the the time the Habs' window opens Danault's prime will be closing. He didn't fit our timeline, but he's given LA his money's worth – a very good 50-point shutdown center at $5.5M is fair.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Bitch Mournhour-Ketchup Heinz-Chikita Cokerov
Doah Nobson-Brew Doty
Konor HalleBicycle

Your 2024 All -disappointing star team ladies and gents.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Watching the colorado game last night, and I just cannot get how explosive their top guys are on that team. The only player the kind of looks like them, talent wise, is slafovsky. the talent is insane on that team.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Quick question; if Winnipeg loses, where and how far could our pick “fall”? We talking 24 range??

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
At least two of those players have proven championship pedigree and are just victims of father time. They are going nowhere with the likes of Dubois and Kempe taking over in the future.
Just alluding to their play this series. They are all playing poorly.

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Quick question; if Winnipeg loses, where and how far could our pick “fall”? We talking 24 range??

The only way that pick can improve is if non-division winners below them in the standings make it to the conference finals. For example if both the Stars and Jets lose in the 1st round the pick improves from 27th to 26th (since that guarantees one of the Avs or Knights make the conference finals).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad