GDT: [Game #7] Dallas Stars vs. Vegas Golden Knights - 7:30 PM CT (BS-SW)

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
They have an open roster spot. They don't have to waive anybody. Peterson going down is the usual rookie and down AHL/NHL thing teams tend to do on homestands when a rookie/waiver exempt player has hit a small wall.

Get him some AHL time to get his confidence back up .
I don't have a problem sending Peterson down, just think it's ridiculous someone thinks Comeau or Kero would be taken on waivers.

Reactions: starsfan86

LT

XXXX - XXXX - X___ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I don't have a problem sending Peterson down, just think it's ridiculous someone thinks Comeau or Kero would be taken on waivers.

Comeau might just because of his "veteran presence", but honestly I'd welcome him being claimed.

Pretty much every team has at least a few Keros. No chance he gets claimed.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Kero probably not since it never happened last year. Comeau might get claimed. Cheap 1 year contract on a veteran player with a solid resume. Worse players got claimed this year.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kero is fine as a guy to get scratched. He was better than the other spares like Caamano , Gardner , L'Esperance and also Dellandrea last year. No problem if he's put on waivers if there's a solid replacement out there scratching to get called up but right now there's not.

Peterson isn't send down because they want to keep Kero or Comeau

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Back to posts worried about losing shit like Kero on waivers.

Guys our career AHL garbage won't get sniped on waivers for the 1000th time.
you really want to be one injury away from caamano and gardner out there every night? kero isn't special, but he isn't nearly as painful to watch as some other potential replacements.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
you really want to be one injury away from caamano and gardner out there every night? kero isn't special, but he isn't nearly as painful to watch as some other potential replacements.

Exactly. With how cap strapped the team is they want a guy as scratch who makes league min. So if you want to replace Kero it would have to be with someone else who make minimum or close to it. ( and he can't have big bonus money either because that goes on the Cap thanks to LTIR beeing used . ) Nobody the Stars have signed for min or close to min is better than Kero right now as 13th/14th forward. Sadly.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
I'm just annoyed with Peterson being sent down because he was one of the few players who was always on the puck and making decent plays with it.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Sharp looking GDT @Johno.

Just dropping in to comment on how classy & well spoken many of you folks were in the Main Board Thread regarding Elvis being harassed by a fan wearing a Stars Jersey. He definitely didn’t represent you.

9401F55E-9E89-4108-8246-BEBC201943D5.gif

Cheers

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The pregame highlighted how some big names are bringing nothing. I’m most surprised about Radulov. He was so great early last season. He’s in the last year of his contract and lost something like $30 million to fraud. I thought he’d be tearing things up hoping to get a Pavelski-like contract.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The pregame highlighted how some big names are bringing nothing. I’m most surprised about Radulov. He was so great early last season. He’s in the last year of his contract and lost something like $30 million to fraud. I thought he’d be tearing things up hoping to get a Pavelski-like contract.

Didn't he also some extensive offseason surgery ? Dunno i'm giving Hintz , Seguin and Radulov some more leeway because of their offseason surgeries/recoveries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad