GDT: Game 7| Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings| October 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM - FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Just to be clear: the entire professional hockey world is wrong about how it, itself, works. You, the layman, are correct and correcting them.

I don't think they looked particularly tired tonight, they looked slow at times because they are slow. That is the reality, they looked even worse than normal in the Boston game on the back to back and I think it was a factor there, of course the bigger one would be the third game in four days there plus back to back, I hate when that happens. But tonight they didn't look like their legs weren't moving or they had no energy, they just have some flaws and speed is one of them when Babcock wants to ice these lines the way he is doing it.

So I do think it is using an excuse in the Columbus game, they weren't dead legs and the board battles they lost they were just outworked for at times. You can put that on tired, but I think that is stretching that. Really the third game in four nights which they are about to do next should have more signs of it. Couple that with Colorado's speed and we better be ready to execute on special teams on Thursday and finish a little more ruthlessly when the opportunities are there, that is the game where fatigue and altitude should play a factor. Didn't think that was much of an excuse tonight, they were probably home for a late dinner on Monday.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
The constant whining on this board even after a win... :/

Maybe because we havent looked great. Other then the 1st line everyone else has been meh for the most part. To me we've only played 2 good teams (Boston, Phoenix) Buffalo and Philly are horrible and Columbus and Carolina are bubble teams. The next 4 games we play hot/good teams so that will be more of a measuring stick

Chunkylover

Aug 17, 2008
Michigan
I had a Bruins fan say he isn't used to watching a team as fast as the Wings after Monday's game. I wonder if the problem is their weird defensive zone posture. They get beat to the puck a lot along the boards. They seem so committed to playing a tight box in front of the net. I think that might account for them seeming slow sometimes.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I had a Bruins fan say he isn't used to watching a team as fast as the Wings after Monday's game. I wonder if the problem is their weird defensive zone posture. They get beat to the puck a lot along the boards. They seem so committed to playing a tight box in front of the net. I think that might account for them seeming slow sometimes.

bruins have played montreal for years and years at least 6 times a year..

JmanWingsFan

Your average Jman
Aug 18, 2011
Somewhere
Maybe because we havent looked great. Other then the 1st line everyone else has been meh for the most part. To me we've only played 2 good teams (Boston, Phoenix) Buffalo and Philly are horrible and Columbus and Carolina are bubble teams. The next 4 games we play hot/good teams so that will be more of a measuring stick

I don't think you get the point of what vippe is saying. I'm tired of reading what they think is wrong with everything.

There are things I disagree with that the brass has done. In my opinion, it's not worth crying over spilt milk that I didn't even spill in the first place. I don't get why people feel they need to somehow look for a point in every thread to express how they loathe the brass and point out every bad thing a Red Wings player does. It makes this place not very fun to post in. Not even a 5-2 start to the season has made some of these people pleasant to be around. Oh well. It happened. It sucks. It's not going to change, likely. Let's move on and be happy for once that this Wings team that's supposed to be terrible is actually 2nd in the division right now. Let's BE HAPPY PLEASE.

RedWingsNow*

I don't think you get the point of what vippe is saying. I'm tired of reading what they think is wrong with everything.

There are things I disagree with that the brass has done. In my opinion, it's not worth crying over spilt milk that I didn't even spill in the first place. I don't get why people feel they need to somehow look for a point in every thread to express how they loathe the brass and point out every bad thing a Red Wings player does. It makes this place not very fun to post in. Not even a 5-2 start to the season has made some of these people pleasant to be around. Oh well. It happened. It sucks. It's not going to change, likely. Let's move on and be happy for once that this Wings team that's supposed to be terrible is actually 2nd in the division right now. Let's BE HAPPY PLEASE.

There is no US.
We all come at this from different perspectives. So quit begging people to see things like you.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
The constant whining on this board even after a win... :/

Yes, it is quite the toxic environment at these boards... As a European and a big football (soccer) fan as well, I must say hockey fans are the absolute worst I have ever met, in terms of pessimism. I have no idea why, but it is startling sometimes the incredibly dark view they are able to portray of their club and sport... :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad