GDT: Game 7| Columbus Blue Jackets at Detroit Red Wings| October 15, 2013 at 8:00 PM - FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:cbj at :wings

October 15, 2013
8:00 PM
Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan

Detroit: 4-2-0, 8 points. Second in Atlantic, third in conference.
Columbus: 2-2-0, 4 points. Fourth in Metropolitan, ninth in conference.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Henrik Zetterberg|Pavel Datsyuk|Todd Bertuzzi
Johan Franzen|Stephen Weiss|Justin Abdelkader
Daniel Cleary|Joakim Andersson|Daniel Alfredsson
Drew Miller|Luke Glendening|Jordin Tootoo

Left Defense | Right Defense
Nicklas Kronwall|Jonathan Ericsson
Kyle Quincey|Danny Dekeyser
Jakub Kindl|Brian Lashoff

Gustavsson
Mrazek

Columbus Lines
Atkinson - Dubinsky - Gaborik
Jenner - Anisimov - Letestu
Comeau - Johansen - Umberger
Craig - MacKenzie - Boll.

Tyutin-Johnson
Prout-Nikitin
Wisniewski-Murray

Bobrovsky

Storylines:
1.) Can the Wings rebound from a horrible record against the Blue Jackets last year?
2.) Will the Wings suffer playing back-to-back?

Columbus lines and Detroit lines to be updated.

Last edited:

source

Jul 13, 2008
Do you guys see Glendening and Tootoo as regulars going forward? And what role do you see for Samuelsson, Tatar, Nyquist, and Helm?

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Got free tickets to the game :yo:, hopefully they don't continue last seasons trend of blowing against the jackets.

Number 9*

This game could be a letdown game after playing and beating Boston. Sure would have nice yesterday to see if the PP troubles are fixed or was the game vs Philly fluke? So if the PP is fixed they could very easily win this game.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Yeah this game worries me, with a tough game in the legs still. Hopefully DRW can get a lot of PP time, if they do I think they win. Hopefully some reff bias in our favor!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Do you guys see Glendening and Tootoo as regulars going forward? And what role do you see for Samuelsson, Tatar, Nyquist, and Helm?

glendening, yes. at least as long as helm is out

tootoo.. maybe. if they can move him, think they will.

tatar, nyquist and sammy... only babcock knows. almost everyone on this forum wants tatar and nyquist on the roster. bc people think they will help the team over lots of guys on roster but we'll see. babcock is what he is, in good and bad.

babcock always talks about helm as third line c but he is question mark after missing so much time. but he most likely will be on the roster when/if he gets healthy. babcock loves him. that means you get to play.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
glendening, yes. at least as long as helm is out

tootoo.. maybe. if they can move him, think they will.

tatar, nyquist and sammy... only babcock knows. almost everyone on this forum wants tatar and nyquist on the roster. bc people think they will help the team over lots of guys on roster but we'll see. babcock is what he is, in good and bad.

babcock always talks about helm as third line c but he is question mark after missing so much time. but he most likely will be on the roster when/if he gets healthy. babcock loves him. that means you get to play.

I have a feeling that if/when Helm comes back. Glendenning stays in.
Curious to see if they just waive Eaves. He's due back soon. Toots is probably gone and Tatar will continue to sit.

BF3

Boom Roasted.
Dec 30, 2011
Cbus
Well I thought we would lose to the Bruins if the lines stayed the same and we won, so what the hell do I know.

Surprised Babcock isn't playing Tatar and resting one of the vets on a back-to-back. Really seems like an obvious move.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Well I thought we would lose to the Bruins if the lines stayed the same and we won, so what the hell do I know.

Surprised Babcock isn't playing Tatar and resting one of the vets on a back-to-back. Really seems like an obvious move.

He may be. Lines have not been announced; those are based on yesterday's lines.

Macoun

Feb 8, 2009
I don't understand why we use Abby on the right and Franzen on the left. I've always felt Franzen was better on the right. He shot is so much better on his off wing.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013

I really like Tootoo as a 4th liner. Lots of energy and just hustles like crazy but I think his contract is a little big for that role so I imagine if they can move him they will.

Glendenning looks okay, all depends if Babcock gets a chubby for him, then he stays. He's not going to set the world on fire but he's serviceable.

I have no idea why we sit Tatar and Nyquist and play less capable people- apparently Babs didn't get the aforementioned chubby for them

Sammy is useless IMHO and I really don't believe Helmer is coming back until I actually see it. One of my favorite wings but I've started to lose hope

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
I really like Tootoo as a 4th liner. Lots of energy and just hustles like crazy but I think his contract is a little big for that role so I imagine if they can move him they will.

Glendenning looks okay, all depends if Babcock gets a chubby for him, then he stays. He's not going to set the world on fire but he's serviceable.

I have no idea why we sit Tatar and Nyquist and play less capable people- apparently Babs didn't get the aforementioned chubby for them

Sammy is useless IMHO and I really don't believe Helmer is coming back until I actually see it. One of my favorite wings but I've started to lose hope

Sammy is way more useful than Cleary IMHO. Glendenning is an AHL'er with an NHL heart and will. Toots is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad