GDT: Game 7 | CBJ @ NYR | 5 PM EST

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
You guys can talk stats all you want, but I noticed something very interesting in my reaction to parts of last night's game. Every time a Ranger had a clear shot on goal, I expected it to go in. That's the expectation Elvis has conditioned me to. How about you?
It's a thing, I recognize it too. Last year it was Korpi for me though, this year Elvis so far. Tarasov made many saves that I thought would've gone in if it had been Elvis. Sad but true. I'm still not on the bus train/bus, but Elvis needs to do something to improve his game. (And like I said, last year I didn't have this problem with Elvis, I thought he played mostly fine and gave the team a chance every night.)

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I re-watched the game this morning because I couldn't sleep, I am really impressed with how much chinakhov's all round game has improved. He looks like a completely different player than last year, but has maintained his nasty shot.
I was stuck watching the Rangers feed but those announcers were stating that as well, that he was known for his shot in the past but that his game is developing to be more dimensional. I really root for Chinakhov so I hope it keeps up and his 90+ mph wrist shots do too.

Those nyr announcers were pretty good, they seemed to our team well so I got the impression that they must know hockey well. I don’t think I’ve listened to them before so it’s a small sample size but I came away impressed with them both.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I was stuck watching the Rangers feed but those announcers were stating that as well, that he was known for his shot in the past but that his game is developing to be more dimensional. I really root for Chinakhov so I hope it keeps up and his 90+ mph wrist shots do too.

Those nyr announcers were pretty good, they seemed to our team well so I got the impression that they must know hockey well. I don’t think I’ve listened to them before so it’s a small sample size but I came away impressed with them both.

Exact same thoughts from me re: the Rangers guys. I enjoyed it.

Reactions: db2011

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Exact same thoughts from me re: the Rangers guys. I enjoyed it.
Me too. Thy kept referencing Rimer feeding them info, too, then laughing that it might not be correct which I thought was hilarious. Detroit's booth is still my favorite, but the Rangers guys might be gaining on them.

• Haha
Reactions: LJ7 and majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad