GDT: Game 7 | CBJ @ NYR | 5 PM EST

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Great to have such a dominant effort against a decent Rangers team - keep up the good work!
This is the right response from Blue Jacket Fans!! I also thought the way Danil was playing he might have changed the complexion of that game last night. Hard to beat a goalie that is saving .97% Love the effort Danil.

Was that a Yegor bomb sighting??? Starting to feel himself

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Gudbranson got the whole squad laughing as they walked to the locker room. I think someone here joked that Gudbranson has to be the funniest/best locker room guy alive and that honestly may not be far from true.
And he was actually fantastic tonight, by miles his best game here so far

Reactions: JacketFanInFL

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Tarasov has played well in all of his NHL starts, his (two?) games last year were fine too and I don't think this year's losses were on him. He's certainly looked a lot more consistent than Elvis so far. Hope he starts Tuesday, I don't think we can underestimate Arizona (they just beat the Leafs)...

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Definitely too early to crown him. He played the 1st 2 games of the season too. It can be amazing how good or poor a goalie looks based on how well a team in front of him plays.

That being said, I say he deserved another start. Elvis needs a little zen time with his BFF Manny to get his head straight and control himself when things start going bad.
But the 1th and the 2nd games were against Carolina and Tampa, they were the 1th and the 2nd from January in official games and the 4th and the 5th if count preseason too. Carolina shooted 43 shoots, Tampa 39 shoots.
Of course it's too early.
-----
Why Chinakhov didn't play in the 1th PP unite again? Gaudreau, Voracek, Nyquist, Jenner. Is it a joke?

Last edited:
Reactions: db2011

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Tarasov has played well in all of his NHL starts, his (two?) games last year were fine too and I don't think this year's losses were on him. He's certainly looked a lot more consistent than Elvis so far. Hope he starts Tuesday, I don't think we can underestimate Arizona (they just beat the Leafs)...
You accidentally just made the case for Elvis on Tuesday. Perhaps a good team to allow him to get his mojo back? (I'd rather see Tarasov)

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Johnson and Chinakhov with the lowest icetime on the team. If I had to find a negative in this game thats it.

They're both sporting great P/60s on 11-12 minutes per game.

KJ at 3.5 P/60
Chinakhov at 2.92 P/60

(anything over 2 P/60 over a full season is a topline number).

We need to see more, ideally 15-16 minutes per game.

Sillinger is obviously at 0.0. And the one other top 9 forward below where he should be is Nyquist. I know "Just play the high P/60 guys more and the low P/60 guys less" would be considered overly simplistic but in this case I have no problem with moving KJ and Chinakhov up (KJ could play 16 minutes a night without changing lines), Nyquist down, and Sillinger down to the AHL. That last bit I've been saying since this time last year but it is getting brutally obvious.

• Wow
Reactions: MAHJ71 and stevo61

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Taking donations for the CBJ season, all 3 wins have happened while I've been flying...please send Zelle and PayPal...thanks in advance

• Haha
Reactions: Doggy

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Yes, Bally. I tried ESPN+ but showed blackout and wouldn’t allow me to access with VPN on.
I don't know if you got it working today or not, but I had this problem a fair amount of time last year (I've been very busy and traveling for work so I haven't had the chance to watch a single game yet this year). What seemed to work for me was to keep the VPN off, connect to ESPN+ and go to some random non-blacked out game and start watching. Then turn the VPN back on and go to to the CBJ game. That (almost?) always would work last year when I tried it. I don't know why some games would require this technique and others wouldn't...I'm a PhD rocket scientist (aerospace engineer), not a streaming service/VPN expert! :laugh:

Reactions: MoeBartoli

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
I'm riding 1st class on the Tarasov hype train. I'm telling you, he's the next Helleybuck! Cool and composed, great glove hand and positional play. No flailing around or getting too engaged in plays, just solid goaltending with sharp focus. Excactly the kind of calm and reliable play that this young team needs.

helleybuck sucks lol. that’s a goalie that I think is severely overrated.

3.20 GAA, .906 save percentage over his last 27 starts.

Reactions: Tube Skates

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
You dont watch hockey outside of Columbus do you?

I actually watch multiple games a day and have had the nhl package to get every game for the last 12 year or so.

yeah, I do watch hockey outside of columbus. it’s actually my favorite sport, thanks for asking though.

I was simply stating facts about his play over the last 5 months of play or so dating back to last season. stats are stats. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. got a problem with that, bud?

ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
I actually watch multiple games a day and have had the nhl package to get every game for the last 12 year or so.

yeah, I do watch hockey outside of columbus. it’s actually my favorite sport, thanks for asking though.

I was simply stating facts about his play over the last 5 months of play or so dating back to last season. stats are stats. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. got a problem with that, bud?

He was #1 in 2019-20 and 2020-21 in GSAA. 8th last year. Saying he sucks might be a stretch lol. If he sucks than how many goalies don't suck?

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
He was #1 in 2019-20 and 2020-21 in GSAA. 8th last year. Saying he sucks might be a stretch lol. If he sucks than how many goalies don't suck?

I guess I should’ve clarified that he hasn’t sucked for his entire career but over the last half of a season he has.

i get it, he won the vezina and then the following season was great.

but if you read my post and not nitpick just the ‘he sucks’ part you’ll realize I was saying over the last 27 games or so dating back to last season. notice how I didn’t include stats from 2019-2020. there’s no denying that over this stretch he’s been bad.

not sure what your definition of sucks is but like I said, 3.20 GAA, .906 save percentage in 27 starts, to me sucks. it’s not like he’s facing just 25 shots per game over that stretch; he’s facing nearly 34 shots per game, to have a save percentage barely over .900 is simply not good.

but whatever lol

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I guess I should’ve clarified that he hasn’t sucked for his entire career but over the last half of a season he has.

i get it, he won the vezina and then the following season was great.

but if you read my post and not nitpick just the ‘he sucks’ part you’ll realize I was saying over the last 27 games or so dating back to last season. notice how I didn’t include stats from 2019-2020. there’s no denying that over this stretch he’s been bad.

not sure what your definition of sucks is but like I said, 3.20 GAA, .906 save percentage in 27 starts, to me sucks. it’s not like he’s facing just 25 shots per game over that stretch; he’s facing nearly 34 shots per game, to have a save percentage barely over .900 is simply not good.

but whatever lol

Have a look at how league average save percentages have changed.

Two years ago it was .908. Last year .907. So far this year it is .903.

I don't think it is right to say a goalie sucks just because he has a .906 save percentage recently.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Not a great night for the fire Jarmo thread 😂.

Great way to mis-represent what I bumped. The thread that I bumped was entitled "The Jarmo Thread" not the "Fire Jarmo Thread" so I apologize for wanting to discuss the performance of our current GM on this NHL posting board. And nowhere in my post did I say to fire Jarmo. In fact this is how it ended:

This isn't a bash Jarmo post but how long am I suppose to be patient with the mediocrity of the team before we are a contender? Would it be better to find a candidate to move this team forward? Or am I just angry/frustrated and completely out of line? Just saying.
So congrats. Mission accomplished.

Great job in net by Tarasov. Let the team play with more confidence. Werenski played his best game by far. Good to see Chinny and KJ continue to progress. The team is giving up way too many quality scoring opportunities so unless they clean up the back end you're going to need a lot more of these type of goalie performances which does not seem sustainable. Great win.

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
Have a look at how league average save percentages have changed.

Two years ago it was .908. Last year .907. So far this year it is .903.

I don't think it is right to say a goalie sucks just because he has a .906 save percentage recently.
so, just going to ignore the 3.06 GAA? guessing you don’t think that sucks either?

we all have our own standards and opinions. it’s all good, pointless argument over a goalie that we face twice a year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad