GDT: Game 7 | CBJ @ NYR | 5 PM EST

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
so, just going to ignore the 3.06 GAA? guessing you don’t think that sucks either?

we all have our own standards and opinions. it’s all good, pointless argument over a goalie that we face twice a year.

Yeah I always ignore GAA, that's more of a team stat than a goalie stat.

But now that you mention it, 3 GAA is pretty much league average so again you're saying a guy sucks because of his league average numbers.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
so, just going to ignore the 3.06 GAA? guessing you don’t think that sucks either?

we all have our own standards and opinions. it’s all good, pointless argument over a goalie that we face twice a year.

Taking into account the team he plays for and his sv% I'd guess that's more average than sucking. He's not been great every year, but even in his worse seasons he's been average to above average level starter. Combine that with his good seasons and you've got a goalie who's having a fine career and rarely if ever the problem. And I don't even particularly like the guy or the style of goalie he represents.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I actually watch multiple games a day and have had the nhl package to get every game for the last 12 year or so.

yeah, I do watch hockey outside of columbus. it’s actually my favorite sport, thanks for asking though.

I was simply stating facts about his play over the last 5 months of play or so dating back to last season. stats are stats. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. got a problem with that, bud?

He plays and played for the Jets.

Jets have had the most toxic locker room for the last couple of years and they were a complete mess last year and this offseason.

Damm I wish Laine was playing in these games.

For this season clearly the goaltending and the development of Johnson are the things to watch.

Those are the 2 biggest concerns/question marks surrounding this team and to which those 2 could give answers

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Excellent win, the first almost 60 minutes CBJ played fairly well for this young season.

Finally the d-zone defensive play was less exciting. And obviously Tarasov was excellent. But the key to win was not to be all over the place on d-zone.

There were some really funny moments like 5-3 PP for the Rangers when they didn't move the puck, but one by one just tried to shoot without any lateral movement for Tarasov. Then finally and very unfortunately Gus gave an example how to move the puck on 5-on-3 to force lateral movement for the goalie and the rest is history.

Couple of pipes in and Rangers could have won the game, but the bottom line is that CBJ is a team with a bright future, and I think we should keep the negativity in check and enjoy the rollercoaster and the happy moments. Youngsters are doing pretty well and there will be many enjoyable moments even when likely missing the playoffs. Watch out when Laine returns, hopefully in 100% health.

Very unfortunate injury for Blanks. Might be the same that Patty has.

• Love
Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
okay, guess we have alot of hellebuyck believers on our board/people who think more highly of him than myself, as a player of course.

I’m outnumbered. I accept it lol.

onto arizona.

small sample size but Tary (tarasov) has now saved 207 shots in 7 career games.. that translates to nearly 30 saves a game.

damn good.

start him against the coyotes, please lars.

Reactions: Toe Pick

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
okay, guess we have alot of hellebuyck believers on our board/people who think more highly of him than myself, as a player of course.

I’m outnumbered. I accept it lol.

onto arizona.

small sample size but Tary (tarasov) has now saved 207 shots in 7 career games.. that translates to nearly 30 saves a game.

damn good.

start him against the coyotes, please lars.
Ride winning play

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Honestly this will be a bloodbath. This won’t even be close.

They should move Johnson to top line. What is it going to hurt now? This may be the difference between us getting 1+ more goals today?

The only thing we are doing very well and consistently is PK.
This didn’t age well 🤦🏽

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I actually watch multiple games a day and have had the nhl package to get every game for the last 12 year or so.

yeah, I do watch hockey outside of columbus. it’s actually my favorite sport, thanks for asking though.

I was simply stating facts about his play over the last 5 months of play or so dating back to last season. stats are stats. everyone is entitled to their own opinion. got a problem with that, bud?
Why do we have to ‘bud’ people like we’re drunk DBs outside a stadium looking to throw a few?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I re-watched the game this morning because I couldn't sleep, I am really impressed with how much chinakhov's all round game has improved. He looks like a completely different player than last year, but has maintained his nasty shot.
He’s not as good as he was yet, but his compete level around the boards is reminding me of when Bjorkstrand was starting to develop. Hopefully he continues going in that trajectory

Reactions: LJ7

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
helleybuck sucks lol. that’s a goalie that I think is severely overrated.

3.20 GAA, .906 save percentage over his last 27 starts.
You call it nit picking but you didn't say Hellebuyck sucks over his last 27 starts, you made a blanket statement that he sucks and doubled down by saying he is overrated. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but there's a big difference between "he sucks" and "he has sucked over his last 27 games.

Actually accumulating stats from last season and this season, he ranks 16th in Save Percentage and 19th in GAA (for goalies with 40+ starts). Below average...sure. Sucks...depends on your definition. Every goalie has ups and downs, even the best ones. I'd take bets on whether he rebounds.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You guys can talk stats all you want, but I noticed something very interesting in my reaction to parts of last night's game. Every time a Ranger had a clear shot on goal, I expected it to go in. That's the expectation Elvis has conditioned me to. How about you?

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad