GDT: Game 7 - CBJ at CHI - 18 Oct, 8:30pm

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
What a horrible play by Nyquist....dumping the puck at the angle that way is a perfect start to an odd man rush every time.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Good
The first period

The Average
Almost EE

The person who couldn't hit the ocean, even if he was standing on the beach?
Wennberg

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Jackets didn’t try to score and then got all 3 guys back and somehow had 2 behind the goalie for no reason.

This missed point could be a killer later in the season.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Pretty much how I thought the OT would go..

Bummer for Elvis. Oh well, thought we outplayed them for the vast majority of the game ..

Bigger game tomorrow night. Let's get 2.

Reactions: Lumbus

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Nice job torts . Great job with that powerplay . Slow puck movement which eventually ends up at the point for a low percentage shot to get through . Talent is there , guess we’re going on year 3 of a dismal powerplay . Guys being played on their off hand . Just sucks , Chicago is not nearly as good as the jackets .

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Sometimes a road point is a good thing. I’ll take it then gotta get the W tomorrow night.

Generally yes. When you look at it overall - backup goalie, on the road, in an interconference game (so them getting two points doesn’t really matter) - you’ll generally take a point.

But we were the better team tonight, and it’s always disappointing when you’re the better team and don’t get 2 points.

Reactions: Lumbus and CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
If that line really needs to make a change that soon into OT they should have never started it. Or Jones should have skated out of the zone and reset with a new group.
Out of the zone so we could get 2 fresh on.. they all looked gassed IMO

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
We are 3-3-1 after 7 games, our rookie goalie who looked overwhelmed in his first start looked like he belonged in the NHL, Bemstrom looked like he might be figuring out how to play this game... Sometimes the team that looks better most of the game loses. It’s hockey. Can’t find much to be upset about.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Post game interview with Elvis.... He's a good kid.... worked his ass off tonight... Still learning how to deal with the press and the spotlight...

I like him.... But no doubt he will piss me off in the future... :)

Dude got us a point.....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nice job torts . Great job with that powerplay . Slow puck movement which eventually ends up at the point for a low percentage shot to get through . Talent is there , guess we’re going on year 3 of a dismal powerplay . Guys being played on their off hand . Just sucks , Chicago is not nearly as good as the jackets .

I get you have a narrative to slam home but Larsen runs the PP and always has.

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Post game interview with Elvis.... He's a good kid.... worked his ass off tonight... Still learning how to deal with the press and the spotlight...

I like him.... But no doubt he will piss me off in the future... :)
Elvis seems to be so genuine and introspective in his post game interviews. Really appreciate his honest, revealing, introspective answers to questions. Wish more NHLer’s spoke this openly

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Wennberg and Bemstrom actually looked like NHL players tonight

Elvis I'm sure is disappointed......but he knows he can play here now after the first debacle

Cam and Jenner have room for improvement.....a ton of room

If Foligno hadn't barely bumped Lehner that goal likely counts and they win......that puck was going in regardless

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
We are 3-3-1 after 7 games, our rookie goalie who looked overwhelmed in his first start looked like he belonged in the NHL, Bemstrom looked like he might be figuring out how to play this game... Sometimes the team that looks better most of the game loses. It’s hockey. Can’t find much to be upset about.
That pickle.... dude....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad