GDT: Game 7 - CBJ at CHI - 18 Oct, 8:30pm

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Post game interview with Elvis.... He's a good kid.... worked his ass off tonight... Still learning how to deal with the press and the spotlight...

I like him.... But no doubt he will piss me off in the future... :)

Dude got us a point.....

1000% agree. Elvis worked his tail off and is a good kid.

sorry that you’ll be pissed off by all his future great performances (I still believe in his potential to be a number 1 one day)

Reactions: Robert

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Elvis seems to be so genuine and introspective in his post game interviews. Really appreciate his honest, revealing, introspective answers to questions. Wish more NHLer’s spoke this openly
Agree, that said.... the kids in Hollywood right now.... Sort of cute actually… :) We will show him this clip 10 years from now.. :)

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
Elvis seems to be so genuine and introspective in his post game interviews. Really appreciate his honest, revealing, introspective answers to questions. Wish more NHLer’s spoke this openly
No idea if this will prove true or not but I think Elvis being so open and introspective will serve him well in the long run and help to make him a better goalie over the next few years

Lumbus

Nov 25, 2016
PLD thinks they played well enough to win tonight... I agree. He also had no comment on Shaw’s hit on him. “No comment”

Reactions: Cowumbus

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Torts post game was weak but the dude just had surgery for some reason.... He wanted two points, we did good getting one on the road...

He should have been given a pass for a post game interview tonight….

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Does anyone else remember when Cam was on a line with Calvert, some five or six years ago? They would buzz around throwing the body and force turnovers, and scored a lot of goals from the blue paint.

Cam nowadays just lurks around waiting for someone to feed him the puck. It's not as fun to watch and I think it's not as valuable to the team, at least not with this lineup.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Does anyone else remember when Cam was on a line with Calvert, some five or six years ago? They would buzz around throwing the body and force turnovers, and scored a lot of goals from the blue paint.

Cam nowadays just lurks around waiting for someone to feed him the puck. It's not as fun to watch and I think it's not as valuable to the team, at least not with this lineup.
I was thinking about posting that tonight, that I wish we had Calvert out there instead of Atkinson but pulled back...... You read my mind dude.... Calvert NEVER dogged it... Atkinson is getting fat on the money....

Panarin gave him 40 goals last season!!! Panarin is gone Cam.... you better pick it up.

Reactions: DarkandStormy

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I get you have a narrative to slam home but Larsen runs the PP and always has.
Torts is the head coach . Torts has to bring in a retired player because his staff had no answers . Torts went into this season with the same staff . And yet here we are again, with a powerplay that looks high school level. Slow passes , low percentage shots from point , praying for a tip . Honestly , it’s not a narrative , team is being held back by bad coaching .

The only good thing about tonight is that Bob once again gave up 5 goals :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Torts is the head coach . Torts has to bring in a retired player because his staff had no answers . Torts went into this season with the same staff . And yet here we are again, with a powerplay that looks high school level. Slow passes , low percentage shots from point , praying for a tip . Honestly , it’s not a narrative , team is being held back by bad coaching .

The only good thing about tonight is that Bob once again gave up 5 goals :laugh:

goody, When does your post in interesting info get updated? Along with duchene, panarin, Johansen, Calvert, and all other guys we let go of/traded.

Last edited:

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Bah, this was the sort of game where if we had just a bit more skill we would've closed it out in regulation. I agree with PLD in principle but I suspect we'll have a lot of games where we "should have" won based on effort and chances. An uphill climb unfortunately due to the loss of talent in the off-season. It be like that sometimes.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I think this is pretty much what the story will be for the rest of the year, lots of 3-2 & 2-1 games with us winning our share & hanging on the fringes of playoff contention unless Jarmo makes a bold move or moves to add offense.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We are 3-3-1 after 7 games, our rookie goalie who looked overwhelmed in his first start looked like he belonged in the NHL, Bemstrom looked like he might be figuring out how to play this game... Sometimes the team that looks better most of the game loses. It’s hockey. Can’t find much to be upset about.

Except a linear projection gives an 82 point season. And agoals scored of slightly under 2.3 per game ain't gonna set the league on fire.

Reactions: CPTN71

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
PLD thinks they played well enough to win tonight... I agree. He also had no comment on Shaw’s hit on him. “No comment”

Unless there was something in an angle I didn’t see, I didn’t think Shaw’s hit was bad at all. Looked like it was shoulder into chest. Honestly not even sure it should’ve been a penalty (looked like PLD maybe had the puck) but at worst was 2 for interference, not a major or dirty hit or anything. But again, maybe there was something in an angle I didn’t see.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Not going to worry about this, but rather look at the positives. Except for the last two opponents, Chicago and Dallas, all the teams we have played have gotten off to hot starts. On top of that we are playing some young guys that are still getting their feet wet in the NHL. Elvis looked much better last night. Yea, he gave up 7 against the Pens, but they are averaging 4 goals a game right now, so it isn't like they were only able to score a bunch against us. I have been tough on Korpi, but he appears to be getting his game in order as we go, so that is another positive. Defense looks good, and the one big issue right now is finishing on scoring chances. Hopefully that turns around sooner rather then later. No matter how we got there last night, I still take a point on the road any day of the week. Let's get 2 tonight at the Nat.

Reactions: Viqsi

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I like Torts. He knows the game has changed. As far as the power play goes, if coaching is holding them back, at some point the team leaders have to say enough is enough and get the job done on the ice. If these guys are good power play players, they will rise above bad coaching. The fact they haven't, to me, is concerning. Maybe we don't have good power play guys.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t remotely see our issue as a skill issue . The jackets powerplay ranks 26th, at 13%. No matter what personnel we have marched out there under Torts , the powerplay has sucked . Games like last night are pissed away , when you have such an incompetent, major part of your game , look like it’s being ran by high school kids . Who rescues the powerplay this year? Marty St Louis said he’s not available this year . And the bottom line is Torts is the head coach, the bucks stops with him . People can try to blame the assistants , but these assistants haven’t been with Torts his whole career , which most of his teams have had this tendency. And again , bottom line, it’s a results business, and the buck stops with him .

As for projections , the jackets have played one of the tougher schedules to start the season , and at the same time, they are trying to break in 4 rookies . Texier , Bemstrom , Elvis, Garikov, and Milano all are improving . Bemstrom, and Elvis had fantastic nights last night . The goalie room is starting to look like Jarmo said it would . Bemstrom had 6 shots on goal last night , and looked like he has finally settled in . He absolutely needs to be put on the top power play, and put him in positions where he can unleash his shot. His skating is much better than advertised , kid has mass potential .

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
The power play in Cleveland was bad last year under Madden, and with a new head coach this year it is just as bad. Same players for the most part. Coaching only goes so far, at some point the players on the ice have to get it done. If it means not following what the coaches say, so be it. If they succeed whats gonna happen? Is Torts gonna say quit scoring on the power play and listen to your coaches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->