Pre-Game Talk: GAME #7 - Canucks vs. Avalanche - Jan 30 - 7:00PM PST - SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Lu or Schnu?

I am currently biased to Lu, and I think he deserves at least the chance to win the starting job back.

Two things that only management would know that greatly affects the decision.

1) Are they willing to keep Luongo until a good deal is offered, even going into the offseason? If that's the case, ride with the hot goalie (Luongo)

2) If Luongo is almost 100% gone and the details are being worked out, then Schneider as we give him so leeway and show faith in him being our #1

I think we should play Luongo to reward the good effort, then go back to Schneider (unless Luongo plays lights out). If we can ride a hot goalie through some wins, then do it, but if Luongo is essentially gone then we need to trust Schneider.

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
I hope there isn't a shootout tomorrow. They're getting brutal to watch.. WTF Burrows?!!

StringerBell

A cakewalk? Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least last season the Avs found strange ways to lose against the Canucks despite being the faster, better team for the most part.
A lot of times we had the edge in goaltending or just pure luck.

That first period Avs vs. Sharks was scary to watch from a Canucks perspective. They are speedy, they are willing to work, and they adjust their game well to the opposition.

Kings did a good job taking away time and space. The Avs showed they are capable of doing exactly that as well. We should consider ourselves extremely lucky that they're missing key players. This is no gimme by any means.

Though I see baby steps in the right direction by the Canucks, they still don't look like they're feeling good about themselves, which worries me the most. I don't know how many more games they need to actually start clicking, but they are definitely not there yet.

We're 15-0-2 over our last 17 against Colorado.

Last edited by a moderator:

member 116861

I'm making the GDT for the Avs board, do you guys know what your lineup will look like?

StringerBell

Wow, has it actually been that long? Could have sworn we'd lost in regulation more recently than that...

Schneider's numbers against Colorado are pretty unreal as well.

We have to lose to them in regulation time at some point.

:amazed: What the actual **** that's an insane record.

Sorry I got that one wrong. It's 15-0-2 in the last 17. I swear they said the other record on the team though. Either way, pretty impressive!

StringerBell

Our lineup last time we lost in regulation against the Avs:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Shirokov-Wellwood-Bernier
Rypien-Johnson-Hordichuk

Mitchell-Edler
Ehrhoff-Salo
O'Brien-Bieksa

We're clearly due for a loss tomorrow.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I'm making the GDT for the Avs board, do you guys know what your lineup will look like?

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - Burrows - Hansen
Raymond - Schroeder - Weise
Volpatti - Lapierre - Malhotra
Ebbett

Garrison - Edler
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

member 116861

Ebbett

Garrison - Edler
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev

Scratched: Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

Thanks!

I would give you guys our lineup but I have no idea what it is. Hopefully we find out more tomorrow.

keslerburrows

Mar 9, 2011
Vernon, Canada
Ebbett

Garrison - Edler
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

If I'm a betting man, I'd bet Schneids is starting. Plus I remember him being lights out against the Avs last season. I think.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
"Ride the hot goalie" - Take Luongo???

Schnieder was great in Anaheim, and darn good in San Jose as well, (their powerplay is godly).

Luongo, played very well against a team that doesnt/cant score very many goals.

Now everyone is back on the Luongo bandwagon and forgot how Schnieder played in his 2 games prior to lastnight.

This fanbase is so wishy-washy, rather amusing.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Just a thought here. When Kesler and Booth return I wouldn't mind rolling with this forward core.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen(Checking Line)
Booth-Schroeder-Raymod
Higgins-Lapierre-Weise/Malhotra

I don't see may weaknesses with a forward core like that.

Outside99*

Not enamored with the 2nd and 3rd line balance esp. given that the 4th line was unplayable against LA.

- Burr and Hansen are our best and most consistent two way forwards and should be split up. Which means Schroeder with Hansen.

- Raymond and Higgins can be on either line though Raymond might be a better fit with Burr.

- 3rd member of the Burr can try different wingers until a fit is found. Maybe Volpatti? I havent found Wiese very effective.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Just a thought here. When Kesler and Booth return I wouldn't mind rolling with this forward core.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Raymod

I don't see may weaknesses with a forward core like that.

Yes, it's something we're actively discussing. Schroeder's been a godsend in that regard, and one reason I'm not panicking is because we go from having an anemic offense to having a stacked one when Kesler and Booth return.

That's not factoring in assets brought from a Luongo trade, but with Lu staying, our lineup looks like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Raymod

Garrison-Edler
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

And that's outstanding.

EDIT: And Jensen could be coming over in March, right?

Last edited:

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Schnieder was great in Anaheim, and darn good in San Jose as well, (their powerplay is godly).

Now everyone is back on the Luongo bandwagon and forgot how Schnieder played in his 2 games prior to lastnight.

No its the same fans that put roberto on a pedastal on here, he has a legion of fans that are incredibly loyal and outspoken fans on here and cdc. They like roberto, and would like schneider traded and off the team. That has not changed and its been like that since this controversy began. You can bet if schneider lost that game last night 3-2 we would not be hearing schneider should start against the avs for a great effort. (even though roberto and schneids have both played well)

With that said I would be shocked if schneider did not get the start. Although I would not make a dramatic scene on here if they did give it to roberto. Not a great sign to send your new number 1 but whatever... its av's call and roberto did play well last night.

Last edited:

Nuck Bonino

May 10, 2011

I was never off the Luongo bandwagon. But I dont really care who starts tomorrow, having 2 goalies of this calibre is a great luxury. Just hope AV uses it well

Last edited:

craigcaulks*

"Everybody" isn't on anything. Wishy washy is still better than whiny, though.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Yes, it's something we're actively discussing. Schroeder's been a godsend in that regard, and one reason I'm not panicking is because we go from having an anemic offense to having a stacked one when Kesler and Booth return.

That's not factoring in assets brought from a Luongo trade, but with Lu staying, our lineup looks like this:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Burrows-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Schroeder-Raymod

Garrison-Edler
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Ballard-Tanev

Schneider
Luongo

And that's outstanding.

EDIT: And Jensen could be coming over in March, right?
Wouldn't Jensen end up burning a year of his ELC if he played?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad