GDT: Game 7: Blues at Blue Jackets 1/31/13 at 6:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Blues Definately playing 70-80%. I'm guessing they have Detroit on their minds
Bingo. That must have something to do with it. They are playing this game like its a meaningless regular season game in 06-07. We'll find out tomorrow whether or not they were looking ahead. If I were a betting man, Id bet they turn up their compete level.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Quite a few correct predictions in the prediction game thread lol. 4-1 Blues was like 4 different people's guesses. I had 4-2 :(

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
FINALLY!!!

Backes scoring helps my fantasy team, gives me the bonus points in Pick'Em and I no longer get taunted about how my favorite player hasn't scored.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Guys, what do you think of Stewarts game tonight and overall?

Even if you take away his goals he is playing much better within the system this year. I hope the early scoring success helps him with the buy in so even when he hits a cold streak in the goal scoring department he keeps doing the rest of the things well.

BluesAL

Jun 10, 2012
STL
Empty net and Sobotka stays on the puck and finds the right pass instead of trying to force the puck into the net himself. What a team first kind of play. Can't say enough good things about his play and what he brings to this team.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Strange game. STL didnt bring their normal compete level. They will tomorrow. Funny enough, they still won the game by 3.

Thats all I care about.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Guys, what do you think of Stewarts game tonight and overall?

Nothing of any real note tonight, there were a couple of times that I really thought he should have put the puck on net and instead skated it into the corner. Playing a lot better than last season though.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
Kathryn Tappen just said the Blues won 3-1, good thing she is not on the air for her hockey knowledge

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
The Blues have now caught up with Chicago, for the Division lead. Now they need to work on passing San Jose!
No Chicago is a point ahead of us.

What an ugly win. Blues quit playing halfway through the game because I'm sure the players were trying to conserve their energy for Detroit. We got lucky (many posts were hit, also combined with the fact that Columbus isn't any good) to hang on and win. Sloppy play, Perron just tries to be way too cute, but I'm not too worried. They'll probably be better tomorrow, and we're 6-1 now.

Lol at McDonald missing, and Sobotka gift-wrapped Backes' goal since he can only score on empty netters.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Strange game. STL didnt bring their normal compete level. They will tomorrow. Funny enough, they still won the game by 3.

Thats all I care about.

Not that unusual. We beat ourselves in the second period; totally dominated the start, and should have score at least twice. Became a little too easy, we relaxed and the Jackets stepped in the second half of the period. Difficult to keep a high level of game when the opposition were as poor as Columbus were to start the second.

Can't really complain about a 4-1 win, but should have been more comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad