GDT: Game 7: Blues at Blue Jackets 1/31/13 at 6:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Devils fan coming in peace. Holy cow Taresnko is quite a player.

He has had a great start. When he was in the KHL is was really clear his game was made for the NHL and smaller rinks, but just how quick his adjustment has been is a bit of a surprise.

So we lost Reaves for the game? That's unfortunate.

When a player is tossed from a game, how does that effect the lines?

Guys will stay out there a little bit longer, it isn't a big deal in the case of Reaves. He has had games where he has been on the ice for 5-6 minutes this season, and his linemates seeing significantly more time. Something the team is very accustomed to. The bigger factor is we have lost his presence in what is probably going to be a chippy third.

Hopefully we can put this one to bed early in the third. Red Wings tomorrow night, and it would have been nice to have killed it in the second and just played it out.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I've got to say it's a nice feeling to not be the team gooning it up because we are down on the scoreboard. I hated those days.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I like what Bernie just said, "The Jackets are beating the Blues at their own game right now". That's exactly what's happening. They are winning every battle in the corner by having one extra guy there. We are very fortunate to have a 2 goal lead. I'm sure Hitch will get on them pretty hard if they keep playing like this.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Blues still look like they're skating at 85%.

I agree we are being way too passive out there and letting the Jackets establish their forecheck too much. We need to get in on the attack and pop in another goal and get some of that momentum back.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Is that like a prevent defense in football?

Pretty much. We are trying to eliminate the big play(odd man rush) by only sending in one forechecker and having everyone else back on D. It's quite a bit like prevent. Let them move it all they want, but avoid the big play. I don't like it in either sport lol.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Wow...as good as the boys looked in the first, they've looked as bad in the 2nd and 3rd periods. Shots are 24-23. Looks like they're on cruise control saving their legs for tomorrow. It's been a pretty disappointing effort after the first 20 mins.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Penalty for tripping Oshie. That should carry us through to the end with a road win! Good save by Elliott. But a Blues' penalty will give the chance for The Blue Jackets to pull their goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad