GDT: Game 7: Blues at Blue Jackets 1/31/13 at 6:00 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I missed the majority of the first period on my commute home. How did Cole look in that period? Outside of one point in the second where he let a forechecker get too close on him I thought he played a real solid game. I really liked the move where he stepped in from the blue line and tried the slap pass deflection in the slot.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Did the Blues even break a sweat tonight? They work harder at practice. Built a 3-0 lead and went to sleep.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
see mcdonald and oshie had a bet on the bench. oshie said he wouldn't do a patrick stefan impression... Mcdonald won the bet

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Picked the Blues to win by two or more goals on proline, thought I was in the clear up 3-1 on a two minute powerplay with two minutes left in the game....then Perron decides to try a bonehead move to go through the other team by himself giving up a turnover and "almost" giving up a goal and costing me my proline ticket.

Thank god for Elliott coming up with the big save! Hitchcock did not look to impressed on the bench and I can't say I blame him...such an unnecessary risk that late in the game.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
As far as what you want/expect from Sobotka, he's been great. No mistakes and has really initiated play and used his teammates well. Multiple other players have a larger impact on the game, but Sobotka's performance, within the icetime and responsibilities he's been given, has been basically perfect.

Russell sucked. Cole was very good. In each of the Dallas, Minnesota, and Columbus games, the Blues won on the back of one great period. It's clear they're good enough to do that, but I hope it doesn't become a habit.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
We need to get Russell going. He's been the weak link on the D so far this season by a fair margin. I'd play Cole and Redden and sit Russell for a game or two until he gets it going in practice.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
We need to get Russell going. He's been the weak link on the D so far this season by a fair margin. I'd play Cole and Redden and sit Russell for a game or two until he gets it going in practice.

He was damn good in the first couple games, but has gradually gotten worse since then. I agree that I'd sit him, but only briefly so he has a chance to get back out there and right the ship.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
No.. Not even close

not as far as u think. he's playing really well

He may have the hardest work ethic but he is far from the best player playing

Sobotka has been one of our best players. Hitch has said as much.

As far as what you want/expect from Sobotka, he's been great. No mistakes and has really initiated play and used his teammates well. Multiple other players have a larger impact on the game, but Sobotka's performance, within the icetime and responsibilities he's been given, has been basically perfect.

Russell sucked. Cole was very good. In each of the Dallas, Minnesota, and Columbus games, the Blues won on the back of one great period. It's clear they're good enough to do that, but I hope it doesn't become a habit.

Sobotka has been playing closer to his peak than most, if not all, players on the team.

Sobotka's peak isn't near that of other players on the team.

Sobotka is playing at a 9 out of 10 right now, something few if any other players are doing.

Sobotka's 9 out of 10 doesn't impact the game the way McDonald, Backes, or Stewart's 9 out of 10 does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad